X

Carbs for a 83 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs for a 83 Katana 750

Iam going to buy a 83 750 Katana next week.I worked out a deal with the seller.He wants to keep the carbs from the bike.(for a reduced price)

Can anyone tell me what year carbs are adaptable from other suzuki bikes that will fit the 16 valve 1983 750 motor??
    I was looking online and it seems alot of the bikes in the 80's had the same carbs.

Thanks!

I have some GSXR carbs that will work QUITE well! Let me know if I can help you. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Hey Ray,
      Can I just put those carbs on my Kat and go or do they need a cleaning?
      Also the bike has stock pipes,will I need to re-jet the gsxr ones?
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

ebay

Comment

I would actually be a little suspicious of someone "wanting to keep the carbs" from a bike you are buying.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Hmm. Is he trying to delay you starting the bike so it's an old deal by the time you figure out something is wrong with the motor? If you have heard it run already then that isn't it, but I agree. Why does he want to keep the carbs?

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I heard the bike run,no problem.The seller is keeping the carbs(they were off his 1100 bike)

So can I use any carbs from the 80's suzuki's for the 83 Katana???

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                I would actually be a little suspicious of someone "wanting to keep the carbs" from a bike you are buying.
                not so suspicious when it comes to old bikes like that, steve. sometimes you get an old bike with messed up carbs so you replace them with a set from something else. one of my 750's are like that. although I would not be keeping them if I sold the bike because I parted out the original bike they were from....but if I didn't, I would have kept the carbs.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by van1 View Post
                  Hey Ray,
                  Can I just put those carbs on my Kat and go or do they need a cleaning?
                  Also the bike has stock pipes,will I need to re-jet the gsxr ones?
                  Thanks for your help.
                  They are clean & ready to bolt on. They also have jet kits in them already! You would need pods & to do some tuning but shouldn't be a big deal. Ray.
                  85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X