X

Centerstand for 82 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centerstand for 82 Kat

Just bought an 82 1100 Kat, I like it a lot so far, needs some tidying up , but runs and looks good.Among other things its got a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 pipe, and no centerstand. Does anyone know if a stand will fit with that pipe??
    If so the hunt for a stand will be on, anyone have one??? Mojoe???

thanks

it depends on the model of the V&H exhaust. some allow for center stand, some don't.
    However, for those that "don't", I have still used a center stand. the only think was that the stand rests against the exhaust pipe. no big deal when I did it. you lose maybe a an inch of ground clearance, which you will never notice unless you plan on leaning to the max in the curves.

and ya....I think I do have one that will fit.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
      Just bought an 82 1100 Kat, I like it a lot so far, needs some tidying up , but runs and looks good.Among other things its got a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 pipe, and no centerstand. Does anyone know if a stand will fit with that pipe??
      If so the hunt for a stand will be on, anyone have one??? Mojoe???

thanks
      Tidying up???? I saw it yesterday and it looks awesome! (John and I bumped into each other in London yesterday.) Good score, John!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Mojoe

I pm'd you.

j

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
        it depends on the model of the V&H exhaust. some allow for center stand, some don't.
        However, for those that "don't", I have still used a center stand. the only think was that the stand rests against the exhaust pipe. no big deal when I did it. you lose maybe a an inch of ground clearance, which you will never notice unless you plan on leaning to the max in the curves.

Comment

Mojoe

I PMd you re centerstand, please get back to me .Am interested. need price.

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post

Comment

The V&H Katana pipe kits came with a flat metal strip , hmm, maybe 3/32" thick by approx 1" wide with a shallow arc cut on one end and a bolt hole in the other. I think is was 5-6 inches in length. This would bolt in the left hand side chassis mount supporting the left hand pipe ( no longer in existence due to the 4 into one config.) and would prevent the C-Stand from contacting the pipe. It worked pretty well.
            streetfighters

Comment

Hey Mojoe, you have two? My 82 Kat is missing its center stand too.
              1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Thanks
                will check that out, sounds like something could be made at very least.

j

Originally posted by streetfighters View Post
                The V&H Katana pipe kits came with a flat metal strip , hmm, maybe 3/32" thick by approx 1" wide with a shallow arc cut on one end and a bolt hole in the other. I think is was 5-6 inches in length. This would bolt in the left hand side chassis mount supporting the left hand pipe ( no longer in existence due to the 4 into one config.) and would prevent the C-Stand from contacting the pipe. It worked pretty well.
                streetfighters

Comment

Working...
                X