X

fat *** chopper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    I would be the first to nominate it, but....it's not chemomche's bike. It belongs to his friend from what I understand. If his friend becomes a member of the site, then we could probably make something happen.

yes the bike is not mine
    but the owner does not have internet and thats why i posted his pictures
    if its a problem he will become a member
    (by the why he has gs750 1879;gsx750 1984-the big tire and gsx750 1986)
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

Comment

that is sick! very nicely done. bet he's a proud man.
      Currently Riding:
      1995 Katana 600
      V&H Exhaust
      Jet Kit

SOLD
      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
      1987 XV700 Bobber
      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Very nice ...
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

One sick bike!! The HD boys are going to be jealous of this one!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
            So, is it a Kat? I hope the consensus is "yes," so it can be nominated for KOTM, maybe even KOTY.
            I have to say NO, it is not a kat. There were two gsx750's in 82. One was the katana (S model), and one was a custom (E model). Both were a GSX. Both had the same engine. Strip them both down to the bare frame, you would have to know what to look for to tell the difference....however, there is a one major difference. The katana frame was silver, and the other was black. That is clearly a black frame. The Katana was never produced with a black frame....always silver, except for a few models with a gold frame.

My guess is that this was the donor bike.

So, imho, as cool as that bike is, it is NOT a katana in any way, shape or form.....hence, not eligible for KOTM. Still an awesome job, though.
            Last edited by Mojoe; 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Nice job
              25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

i was told a tire that big wouldnt fit on a kat. lol. looks nice though definetly wanna see it when its finished.

Comment

Nice job!!!! Props to your buddy!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jester46357 View Post
                    i was told a tire that big wouldnt fit on a kat. lol. looks nice though definetly wanna see it when its finished.
                    I am telling you guys....it's not a kat. I am 99.9% sure it is a gsx750e....which is a custom. you really need to stop believing it is a kat.
                    the ONLY way you can convince me it was a katana is to post up pics of the original front fairing, front fender, the seat, gas tank or side covers. that black frame, if it was the original color....which it seems to be judging by the "before pics", just tells me it was the E model.

So if down the line this bikes gets nominated for KOTM, there is NO way I would vote for it. It would not be fair to the other katana owners. I would need to see some proof that it was indeed a kat. and if it is, that frame has been painted. As it stands now, I will not even acknowledge that bike as truly belonging in this section.

But like I said before...still an awesome job.....just not a kat.
                    Last edited by Mojoe; 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by jester46357 View Post
                      Anything will fit with enough determination and modifications...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

that fire extinguisher comment still has me laughing. How did you even notice it?
                        pveity = 100%

Comment

GSX is the pre katana
                          j/k Mo!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

that was the original look of the bike

i thinki it is much more like a kat than a "custom" bike

and some new pics(sorry it took me so long to update)

as you see the wheel is not from e-bay
                            he made it from the original rear wheel and two track(iron) wheels
                            it`s a bit heavy but the bike is powerful enough to make burn-outs
                            for example last week, when riding behind him, he took a left turn with a drift
                            it`s awesome to see 300 tire drifting and some smoke coming out
                            Last edited by chemomche; 03-15-2009, 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Live to ride,
                            Ride KATANA!

Comment

AWESOME! Nice work, really looks good!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

You know, the best compliment I can give, and at the risk of sounding like someone else we know on the board....

I'd ride that!

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X