X

A few images my 82 Katana from today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topgas View Post
    I can understand some upgrades but the engine shold be right, not a gixer motor.
    To each his own...I was building a daily drive for myself that I plan on keeping. No way would I strip a complete old kat of it's motor which is why I looked for a number of years to find a rolling chassis that some drag racer had stripped the motor out of previously. Sorry if my motor choice bothers you...a decision not intended to offend anyone.

Comment

Hi Mattew,

That bike is looking awesome.

best off regards, Anoucka

Comment

Hey Matthew,

Awesome project u got goin on there..
        MAy I ask what kinda ground clearance does ur KAt hav with it's present setup?

Cheers!

Ol'skool KATana rawks!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
          I was out in the garage today working on the GSXF bodywork project when I decided to do a little work on the 82 (since it's finally uncrated). While I was at it, I pulled it out in the driveway for a couple photos. Still alot to go before the first road test, but getting closer everyday. As soon as I get my adaptors back from my Solidworks guy, the brembos will find their way onto the front end Enjoy....

and of course, one with my ugly mug...

On your Forks did you have to modify anything or was it a strait conversion/bolt on? Just curious? Also im working on a 98 katana and trying to convert 2000 gsxr 750 forks over, but the triple trees are a different size. the bearings dont fit into the spot where they are supposed to go! I shaved the plastic around the katana bearing so it would slide over the gsxr but now there is no room for that spacer without popping out the bearing balls. am i just stupid, or do you know where i can find the information on where to find the info. ive posted a couple different questions on different forums but this seems like the better place to ask!

Comment

I just keep staring at the pictures over and over again thinking "If only I could do this".

I absolutely love your bike.

Comment

my goodness! I cant believe how much these bikes have changed over the years

Comment

beautiful bike you have there!
                sigpic

Comment

I want it!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                    Not quite a bolt on but close. It depends on the combination of stock parts you use. The early 90's GSXRs that had USD forks use the same bearings as a GSXF and many 80's suzuki gs or Katanas. I used a set of 92 gsxr USD triples because not only do they use the same bearings as my KAT, the fork size is the same diameter as the 2001 GSXR1000 forks I used. There is of course more than on way to skin a kat (haha) and you can also have the steering stem pressed out of your GSXR triples and a correct diameter steering stem pressed in place. I think there may also be some specialty bearings made for adapting a gsxr front end onto SVs that might work.

Thanks! Glad you like it!!
                    Thanks for the info. Is it possible to do the stem yourself? or where would you get it pressed? Cause i have extra stems, just no idea what to do/how to do it. Yeah' im using 01 gsxr 750 forks and the stem is a different diameter. Thats pretty much the only problem i have going. besides on my parts bike im not getting any spark outta the engine! Compressions good, but i dont know if its the CDI, coils, or plugs. but everything seems like it should be good. It was running, not no more????????????

Keep it up, that bike is so sick! i keep drooling over the picture. and keep coming back to just look at them. Nice job, its so dope!
                    Last edited by Handydandy; 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Such good condition, props man

Comment

that's amazing, how long did the whole project take?

Comment

Wait wait wait. It came with a chain, and no motor. Now it has a motor and no chain. What gives!?!

Just playin! Awesome bike!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

That's just friggin cruel!!!!! l Love it.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by aznthundrhed View Post
                              that's amazing, how long did the whole project take?
                              Well...it's still got a few odds and ends to do but overall it you totaled the time, probably over a few months. It's been sitting in a corner of the garage buried though waiting to be finished for much longer. Things like buying a house and working on it have taken priority for the moment. I'll try and shoot some updated photos soon.

Comment

Sweet bike!

Comment

Working...
                                X