X

Street Fighter or Repair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter or Repair?

As some know I got in an accident last Friday and hurt my kat pretty well. Nothing that can't be fixed but would cost almost as much as the bike is now worth to repair it. Considering the idea to street fighter it, at the same time I kind of want it to look like new again.
    1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

DIY. The damage you did can be repaired by you. Couple bills some time. Done. If you want upgrades now would be a good time to do so.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Fix it! The world doesn't need another street fighter (that's just my humble opinion).
      1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
      2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
      2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
      1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        DIY. The damage you did can be repaired by you. Couple bills some time. Done. If you want upgrades now would be a good time to do so.
        You're right, I only need one upper fairing, mirror, and windscreen. Possibly a headlight mounting bracket but that shouldn't run me all together more than $250.
        1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a572mike View Post
          Fix it! The world doesn't need another street fighter (that's just my humble opinion).
          style being subjective and all, I'm not one to impose my opinion upon others, but I could just as quickly say, "there's no reason to spend money on cosmetic repairs to a 20 year old bike."

Motorcycles have a lot of things to love. At or near the top of my list of things I love about bikes is the word "cheap." Unless the OP plans on selling his bike, he's the only one who has to like how it looks.

Just my $.02

and full disclosure - i removed damaged purple fairings from my bike, trimmed the tail section, and re-painted it flat-black and gloss red... I like how it turned out. My wife doesn't ...but whatever, she only sees the back of my head when she's on the bike anyway!

Originally posted by 6Kat View Post
          You're right, I only need one upper fairing, mirror, and windscreen. Possibly a headlight mounting bracket but that shouldn't run me all together more than $250.
          which generation wind screen? I have a wind screen off my 2000 in my garage.
          Last edited by rk97; 10-30-2015, 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -Chris
          **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Working...
          X