X

Stock cable length/handlebar modifications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock cable length/handlebar modifications

So, out of curiosity, any one know what the amount of rise and or type of handlebars (other than clip on) you can switch to before having to extend brake lines and such? I am really not at the point where I want to do the brake lines and cabling yet. I am trying to do my built in phases so I can keep riding while still in process. I have been debating on changing the handlebars for awhile, so this information would be quite helpful, seeing as I am usually broke and just cant afford to brake lines and cabling just yet lol

What bike? 600, you can use a 750 top triple and clip ons for some rise but, not much more than that will require hose and cabling changes. 750, unsure of any changes that wouldn't require changes. How much rise are you looking for?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Just enough to switch from clip on style. I have a 2002 600. It looks like it would be an easy switch. remove the clip ons and use its mounting hole for a new bracket. I am just not sure with rerouting the wires how much more length I'll get out of them.

Comment

The controls will have enough wires to rise them quite a bit. The cables and the brake line will be your limitations.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Do you have a suggestion or recommendation, other than replacing those just yet? I mean for handlebars I don't have to much of an issue with where they are now, but half an inch or more would be would be nice.

Comment

750 top triple and clip-ons would do it. Some have installed after market clamps with renthal bars like dirt bike bars.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

V-storm clutch cable gonna give you more than enough length, but it's still ok and smooth.
              Brake hoses gonna need to change. You only need the top hose line from Suzuki Bandit.

for the handlebar, you could do something like him.
              Hello all! it's been a while since i posted but here is my project build story It all started before i was 16. buying import tuner and motorcycle magazines at a young age. My father, an ER doc, wouldn't think twice about letting me get a dirtbike so motorcycles were out of the question. 1.5 years ago(age 21) i come home with a
              Last edited by drvk; 11-21-2014, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X