Parts compatibility question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts compatibility question

Hi All,
    Just a quick question really as I have a gsx750f 1991 which I am going to put handlebars on. My top yoke and the alloy plate on top of that which houses the clip ons are both held together by four bolts, which are not parallel, with the rubber cushions in between.
    I've noticed that there are some pictures of top yokes (GSX600f?)which have only been manufactured with two holes along the top edge nearer to the ignition switch. these look like the best one to use to put simple clamps onto as it looks a safer job. I have done loads of searches but get a bit confused between Kat and pre Kat, years and models etc!!

Are the two top yokes interchangeable? Bearing in mind mine is a 1991 model, and I'm in the UK.

TIA

Flash.

Originally posted by flash gordon View Post
    Hi All,
    Just a quick question really as I have a gsx750f 1991 which I am going to put handlebars on. My top yoke and the alloy plate on top of that which houses the clip ons are both held together by four bolts, which are not parallel, with the rubber cushions in between.
    I've noticed that there are some pictures of top yokes (GSX600f?)which have only been manufactured with two holes along the top edge nearer to the ignition switch. these look like the best one to use to put simple clamps onto as it looks a safer job. I have done loads of searches but get a bit confused between Kat and pre Kat, years and models etc!!

Are the two top yokes interchangeable? Bearing in mind mine is a 1991 model, and I'm in the UK.

TIA

Flash.

Any Top plate setup from either 600 or 750 will work in the years 88-97.

The 600 has a single plate unit. The 750 as you have stated is 2.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks.

I've just checked the Ron Ayers website and the bottom yoke/stem unit is the same part number for both bikes. I didn't want to get one and then find it didn't fit!!

Comment

Working...
      X