X

mad issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad issues

Ok i just got my carbs back from a loacl shop and it will run well at cold start then it will not stay running when it warms up and it will start skipping real bad im not taking it back to that guy it took a month to get them back all he had to do was clean them and it a 93 600
    Last edited by denkatana; 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM. Reason: put in year

Have you syncd the carbs yet? Might help.
    Shops seem to screw up Kat carbs very frequently. I've seen many posts in here about botched jobs, and 0 about a successful one. Might be time to try cleaning them yourself - check out carbs 101 in the wiki.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Lol what ive been looking at and reading for 2hrs trying to see what could be wrong im going to try new spark plugs even after it warms really hot it cuts off and when restarted and i hold wide open it seems to be running off on piston
      Last edited by denkatana; 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Comment

Originally posted by denkatana View Post
        Lol what ive been looking at and reading for 2hrs trying to see what could be wrong im going to try new spark plugs even after it warms really hot it cuts off and when restarted and i hold wide open it seems to be running off on piston

Check your oil for fuel. Does it smell like gas, or is it over full?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I will check that in the moring before work but i have not had gas in or tank on it for 4 weeks that is how long the shop had the carbs but its doing the same thing before i had the carbs in the shop so i will recheck the oil

Comment

check for vacuum leaks at the boots. are valve cover hose and capped drain hose connected to the airbox?
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Makes sense thats what was wrong with my suzuki savage i had

Comment

Got it running but now it wont hold idle so im going to replace the plugs and floats and float needles see what happens

Comment

i just got my carbs back from a loacl shop
                  I'd say this is your main problem. Like others on here I don't think I've ever heard or read about a shop doing a decent job of cleaning carbs.

Go through Carbs 101 and do it yourself, dipping the carb bobies and parts to be sure they are clean, then bench sync them to get it running and then vacuum sync them.

Comment

While the carbs were in the shop i striped the tank down and cleaned it and repainted it and coated the in sided of it with the 3 stage kit

Comment

Any help is better then none but i took the carbs off and opened them and yea the shop didnt do anything to them not even replace the floats seals that they said they did and tryed to plug one of the pliot jet with a piece of rubber that covers a cable and i was told they order new plugs wtf so pissed off now

Comment

if I were you I woulda took them right up there witj the receipt n demanded a full effing refund man. that's bullshit. either way you should go up there and cause a stink. cleaning carbs isn't hard with the right tools. definitely take a look at the carbs 101/102 depending and learn to do it yourself. no one will ever take as much care with your bike/carbs/etc... than you.
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Yea plan on it mon when he opens up cause i just find one of my floats are cracked too from where he put that rubber thing in the pliot jet so where i can find a new float valve at i cant fix this one

Comment

Yea plan on it mon when he opens up cause i just find one of my floats are cracked too from where he put that rubber thing in the pliot jet so where i can find a new float valve at i cant fix this one
                            The rubber thing at the bottom of the pilot jet is more than likely supposed to be there. Seems like we read a lot about those going missing during the cleaning/rebuilding process. They are a necessary item for the proper operation of the carb though.

Pilot Jet rubber plugs

Part #35 on this page

Comment

Its not the right plug he tired to make his own and charge me for a new plug

I knew it was missing and ask him to order a new when he clean the carbs and put new o-rings on the floats but he didnt do any of that
                              Last edited by denkatana; 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X