Handle bar riser pictures please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle bar riser pictures please!

Hi all!

I have searched this Forum and on google to try and find kat fighters with riser bars on them. If you have riser bars on your kat would you mind posting some pictures in here? I am considering it because right now I have my clip-ons on the underside if the upper triple and though I love the look I am looking for something a bit more comfy. Along with your pics could you let me know how you like it compared to stock or other set ups you have had!

Thanks a lot. I posted this in the fighter section because I'm mostly interested to see them on fighters and how people have them set up!

I don't have a fighter but this is my take on handlebar risers for post kats.

I bought longer 10mm thread hex bolts and 12mm nuts to act as spacers. Can't remember exactly how long the bolts were, possibly 10-11cm. They poke through the bottom of the tree so I could put in another level of spacer nuts, but I'm very happy with where it is now. Big difference in comfort.
    Last edited by wing; 04-06-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wing View Post
      I don't have a fighter but this is my take on handlebar risers for post kats.

I bought longer 10mm thread hex bolts and 12mm nuts to act as spacers. Can't remember exactly how long the bolts were, possibly 10-11cm. They poke through the bottom of the tree so I could put in another level of spacer nuts, but I'm very happy with where it is now. Big difference in comfort.
      so this 3-4cm rise makes that much difference?
      whats your height?
      sigpic

Comment

Well it's not cruiser style difference, but very noticeable. I'm 5' 9". Dead cheap upgrade.

Comment

Raising it that much - did you need longer throttle/choke/brake lines, or were the stock ones long enough? I believe I read somewhere on here there was ~1/2" of play before you'd need to replace. Am I remembering that incorrectly? Cause if I am...that'd be a nice little way to be more comfy until I save $ for swapping in a 750 upper triple. Every time I have some saved up, I need tires or a chain, or see someone selling something on here and swoop it up.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I didn't have to replace any lines. My brake line was a little tight but my banjo bolt (or whatever you call that thing) isn't pointing directly down to the splitter/distributor thing (if that makes sense).

Comment

I bought the custom billet riders. They are excellent. Big difference and allow for a much more upright position for longer rides.

Comment

Originally posted by flel35 View Post
                I bought the custom billet riders. They are excellent. Big difference and allow for a much more upright position for longer rides.
                Can you post a link of what you bought? I've been considering doing something like this but wasn't sure of how to do it or what to use?
                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

so we are same height, well then you know when i say im kinda short for the bike
                  we have to lean more forward than higher guys.

here, friend bought rox risers for i think 60$
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                    so we are same height, well then you know when i say im kinda short for the bike
                    we have to lean more forward than higher guys.
                    Sadly yes I got short arms too

The higher bars = less lean (obviously). But in practice you really notice how much less upper body 'dump' you get going over bumps and pot holes.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info here. I am not really looking to use the stock clip-ons but instead go with some wider bars like a rental bar or something like that. I know I might need a new brake line throttle cable and clutch cable, but I just wanted some pictures of those types of bars on a Kat fighter.

Comment

Not sure if it helps much, but I have kat 600 tripples. I took the clip ons off and tapped the threads (for the bolt through clips into the tripple ) for my risers and nutted them from the bottom. Other than tapping the threads, I think all I did was flatten the sides that went toward the forks a little for some extra clearance.

Older pictures, but they kinda show what I'm talking about. Somewhere in my build thread I believe I state what bike they were off of, I wanna say it was a yamaha cruiser.

Comment

I really like that! thanks for sharing those pics. I am wanting to go with something like that. Did you need a new throttle cable or clutch cable? I see the braided steel brake line, so I am assuming you had to replace the brake line.

Comment

Originally posted by cupofresh View Post
                            I see the braided steel brake line, so I am assuming you had to replace the brake line.
                            Entirely possible he just wanted better braking too...

How's the comfort factor on those bars?

Nice job with the orange accents, look good!
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I changed the brake lines for better stopping. They are the stock replacement length for kats. I ran two full because I hate the way the splitter looks.

Did not have to buy a longer anything (brake, clutch, throttle) The position is not THAT far off stock so everything was fine for me.

Comfort is fine with me. I need to get cushier grips though, these are cheapies and not very comfy.

Comment

Working...
                              X