X

finally finished pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratana 7fiddy View Post
    yeah you dont notice it till it warms up, as i`am new to working on carbs whats the best way of curing it, bigger pilots or more turns out on mixture screws or is it more in depth than simple tuning, thanks in advance
    No -- you're going about it wrong.

It's *just* as in depth as I *just* previously posted. Read up on CV Carburetor Theory before doing any work.

The Air/Fuel mixture screws aren't the only things that affect idle, and I wouldn't necessarily count any tuning as simple and certainly not an exact science of jet sizes and screw settings.

Check for vacuum leaks, diagnose whether you're running lean or rich, ensure the carbs are in full working order with a proper Jet-Kit setup if it has one, or intact stock components if it's sporting a stock setup, ONCE you have VERIFIED it is properly in order, tune from THERE.

Dirty carbs or otherwise mucked-up carb setups will get you nowhere as will messing around trying to circumvent vacuum leaks. Unlike me, my previous owner did not know this well.

EDIT: By the way, tuning is what I refer to as changing settings, syncing the carbs, and doing an Idle Drop and syncing the carbs again to ensure FULLY, PROPER carb operation.
    Last edited by Purplehaze; 12-16-2013, 10:37 PM.
    - Purplehaze
    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

that seat looks so unforgiving lol

what did you do to the wheels?
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
        that seat looks so unforgiving lol
        That's what I was thinking. My rear end hurts just looking at it. But way to be unique dude

Comment

well purple the carbs are pretty messed up the previous owners really butchered them ,one of the needles is different from the other 3 as in it not adjustable (only 1 groove for the clip
          ) and the center 2 carb tops have the vac ports broken/blocked with epoxy ,which i think causes the slides to react really slow ? craven/wing the seats not to bad on the ass more the back of the legs ,n the wheels idea i got from a english site ,guy even has a tutorial on you tube, i made the wheel covers from pvc sheet but kats dont have much room between the spokes & calipers

Comment

\

Some one say mad max?

Comment

yeah those tires are like 200 bucks for a rear and the kat only takes a 150 so a $89 shinko works fine

Comment

Totally BadA$$!!! I love it! Looks MEAN MEAN MEAN!!!
                My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by PantsFullOfGuns View Post

Some one say mad max?
                  No...ratana's bike is MUCH more Mad Max!
                  94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

holy f****ng s**t.

I love it. you went all-in, man.
                    sigpic

Comment

Blackie nice bandit I've got a 02 1200 kinda streetfightered out

Comment

Working...
                      X