- headlight brackets
    - tomtom gps as speedo
    -dakota mount
    -bar end mirrors, love them
    - progrip grips
    -PIAA horn
    - front fender redone as a rear fender
    - pc'd rear frame and rims
    - bed lined the tank, don't like this. this will be repainted the same black as the frame over the winter.
    -pre kat belly fairing
    -clear front headlight(glass) with 5000k h4 bi hid kit
    -Supertrapp E.A.R. shorty muffler with three discs currently
    **recently shipped items**
    -integrated taillight/turnsignals
    -puig front windscreen
    -chopped front fender

all the brackets were trimmed off, and the frame repainted, i need to redo the sanded areas and do the frame again.
    i have a bandit 1200 header to go on when i do the short muffler. and i'm leaning towards a trailtech vapor gauge cluster and a bikini fairing for the headlight. i'd like to do a trimmed front fender too. the seat is just a chopped down stocker, getting recovered by a member on the boards here in black with red stitching.

if anyone has a rear fender shoot me a pm, i really just want the front half with the battery/storage area....for storage. i also need the front fender and fender brace.

here you can see my 98 600 in the background, just completed the 03+ rear tail swap, much much better imho

i need a rear fender, condition doesnt matter as long as the battery/storage area is intact, and front fender with fender bracket and bolts.
    Last edited by c-rod90; 11-29-2013, 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looks good

Comment

Cool man, i dig the look!

Comment

thanks guys. i ordered the pre kat lower. should have it by the end of the week.

it feels like a whole different bike with all the weight it shed. it's substantially lighter than the 600 behind it.
        Last edited by c-rod90; 11-16-2013, 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Liking the setup, c-rod.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a bobber conversion too, and just recently removed my tail plastics to take some photographs of the frame, etc.

I'll be following this build closely.

Keep it up.

Comment

Looks good. Do you have any pics of how u mounted the front fender to the rear swing arm?
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

thanks guys
              as far as the rear, i dont know that pics would do you any good, i basically mounted a thin piece of sheet metal to the bottom of my battery bracket and bent it to the angle i wanted, took my trimmed down fender and bolted it to that. its temporary so i can ride a little longer into the late fall early winter. i want to run a real hugger but at some point some one cut off the brackets for the chain guard so idk how i would mount it now.
              as for the seat, i'm torn between my black with red stitches seat or this, peanut butter brown...thoughts?

Comment

looks good if i didn't rat mine it would almost look identical to yours ,hows those pods working for ya ,

i drilled n tapped the swingarm with a m6 between the dogbone mounts to attach my rear fender
                Last edited by ratana 7fiddy; 11-17-2013, 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                  thanks guys
                  ...as for the seat, i'm torn between my black with red stitches seat or this, peanut butter brown...thoughts?
                  I think the 'black and red' would look better than the peanut butter brown. It would match the overall theme a bit more.

Last edited by rupes; 11-17-2013, 10:26 PM. Reason: links

Comment

yeah, I'm sticking with original plan. thanks for the input, and big thanks for the link. i'm going with the 16 dollar one.

Comment

couple more pics of the progress, the seat has been sent, working on moving the battery forward and up so that it isnt so obvious, the back end wont look so cluttered either. if i cant get it how i like i've been eyeballing the Odysey lithium batteries. I wasnt sure if the pre belly fairing would fit the post kat, so i took a chance and bought one off of ebay, it actually does, except for the back two holes, which i'd be trimming off if i decided to keep it on. I also added a supertrapp e.a.r. 4" found muffler, i wasnt expecting it to fit as well as it did, it slips inside the stock header and the prewelded mount is about 90% matching to the stock body mount below the foot peg. 90% is good enough to get a bolt and nut on it. Currently i'm running three discs, it came with 16. i have coming an integrated rear tail/turn signal setup, h4 bi xenon 5000k hid kit, puigg front windscreen, oem front fender to trim, trailtech vapor stealth(i'm going to need wiring harness help on that one). After that, maybe a b12 rear shock and header. I understand with the header i cant use the pre lower fairing though.
                      That should about wrap the planned modifications/additions. Than i can strip the tank,belly,fender, and repaint them.

Last edited by c-rod90; 11-29-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Whoa, c-rod90. This is nice. Looking forward to updates on progress.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                          as for the seat, i'm torn between my black with red stitches seat or this, peanut butter brown...thoughts?
                          thats not your bike correct?

Thats a pre-kat with entirely different rims and tires plus pods..you have a post kat (the rear caliper position) and a stock airbox as well as a support welded under your seat which the pre picture does not.

oh an the headlight setup an the motor is black (a 600 likely)
                          Last edited by crazycraven420; 11-30-2013, 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Correct, its there BC I was thinking of doing my seat the same color. Its a member on custom fighters.com. Looks to be an 88

Comment

ahh ok, gotcha.
                              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                              X