X

97 katana streetfighter build call sign: watermelon kiwi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 katana streetfighter build call sign: watermelon kiwi

Ok so this is my katana fighter build... so far ive moto gp converted the shifter 1 up 5 down ... capped off tue dual exhaist at the h pipe and added r6 carbs with stage 3 jets and stage 3 kev clutchs... chopped the subframe and and made a bobber style tail if thats what you wanna call it lol ... the seats from a 04 cbr 1000 and the mounting bracket is diamond plate screwed into the frame... aftermarket led tail light and led license plate bolts... got two fog lights from wolly world gonna add 4 more n make it creepy looking but im wanting to change the color scheme to lime green and hot pink! Hence watermelon kiwi.. why not I dont see anyone else doin it o.0 but any thought or ideas spit em im always open to options any questions ask I share secrets to lol cause I will be asking ppl about swing arms in the near future

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by ZukiFred; 09-09-2013, 05:09 PM.

Sweet fighter dude! Question what are you using for a speedo? If you haven't gotten to that yet might I suggest hardwiring a GPS. My friend did the same with a Garmin Nuvi like 720? I Think? It's so small and sleek, and looks sick.

Comment

I went with a Trailtech Vapor. Nice setup and real easy to use. Personally, I don't think pink and fluorescent green would be my first choice. You don't see others with that paint scheme for a reason. lol Looks like some good craftsmanship so far though! How hard was it to accommodate the R6 carbs??
      1991 Kat 600 Fightered
      2001 SV650 Naked
      2011 Roketa 150 Scooter

Comment

That is awesome man! I am looking into streetfighting out my 2003 600. Wondering with limited mechanical knowledge how big of a project I'm getting into? Trying to find an actual tutorial on this, but only finding individual tutorials on different things.

I actually want to do almost the same as what you have. I love the color and everything! Please give me any info possible on how you did this and how difficult it was. If I could transform my bike into that, I would keep my kat and put custom suspension in it, instead of getting a new sport bike like I had planned to.
        Last edited by rottenpixies; 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM.
        - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

I want to know more about this gp moto gear conversion ? 6 gears?

Comment

Originally posted by KatOwner600 View Post
            I want to know more about this gp moto gear conversion ? 6 gears?
            Just a matter of rotating the shift linkage 180 degrees, so that you press up on the shifter to go into 1st, and down on the shifter to go to 2, 3 ,4 5, 6.
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
              Just a matter of rotating the shift linkage 180 degrees, so that you press up on the shifter to go into 1st, and down on the shifter to go to 2, 3 ,4 5, 6.
              Is there a write up with pics?

Comment

Originally posted by KatOwner600 View Post
                Is there a write up with pics?
                Havent found it for the Katana, but check out this video of how it is done on a ZX6

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbciXfgWt4"]ZX6[/ame]
                If you watch from 1:00 and ten seconds forward, it should become clear as day.
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Thanks ^

Comment

Haha I remember when I first looked into Motorcycle shifting I always thought it ought to be five down and one up. Might have to look into doing this.
                    - Purplehaze
                    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                      That is awesome man! I am looking into streetfighting out my 2003 600. Wondering with limited mechanical knowledge how big of a project I'm getting into? Trying to find an actual tutorial on this, but only finding individual tutorials on different things.

I actually want to do almost the same as what you have. I love the color and everything! Please give me any info possible on how you did this and how difficult it was. If I could transform my bike into that, I would keep my kat and put custom suspension in it, instead of getting a new sport bike like I had planned to.
                      a couple years ago i didn't know a damn thing about motorcycles or engines in general nor do i have anyone around me thats mechanically enclined... so if your mechanically inclined yourself and self motivated than its very possible. air compressor has been vital as well as oxy/acetylene torch which is inexpensive and easy to learn. i broke the push rod between the clutch cover and clutch and i was able to weld it back together in 5 minutes, so its really all worth learning in that sense. the repair manual is my bible. i have spent alot of money on collecting tools as well... if you can learn all that then youll have no problem modifying the frame however you want. options become endless at that point. goodluck!

Originally posted by TBube1090 View Post
                      Sweet fighter dude! Question what are you using for a speedo? If you haven't gotten to that yet might I suggest hardwiring a GPS. My friend did the same with a Garmin Nuvi like 720? I Think? It's so small and sleek, and looks sick.
                      i have a nuvi 360 and its not waterproof which sucks but other than that it works flawlessly.

moto gp shifting, im going to have to try that
                      Last edited by Fkat; 11-28-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

nice.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X