X

possible fighter 91 1100 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible fighter 91 1100 katana

Has anyone ever fightered an 1100 katana of the 90s era? I have thoughts of fightering my kat. I would like to see pictures to get some ideas.

+1 for pics of an 1100 street fighter, I was thinking of this for my '91 as well
    The 3 best tools you'll ever have: 1 under your hat and 1 at the end of each arm.

Comment

I've started chopping my fairings, I don't know if my bike will actually meet the criteria for a fighter, but it sure won't look like any other Kat 1100!!
      The 3 best tools you'll ever have: 1 under your hat and 1 at the end of each arm.

Comment

OUCH! As hard as it is to come by 1100 parts and you're deliberately chopping them up?!?!?!
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

This poor bike was dropped more times than a stripper's g-string, so there wasn't much to cut up LOL

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by ic455 View Post
            ...dropped more times than a stripper's g-string...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

:beer::sly:

Comment

I was also thinking about 1100 fighter but..

Those tries imho does not look good. I was thinking about leaving main part of frame plus engine and replacing front and rear suspension (gsxr) and mounting new, single person subframe. Without remakeing of subframe imho it will never look good because whole back is optically heavy if you can say so. When you take all those fairings from the front leaving the back will give unbalanced look. You can say that with my idea of replacing suspension and subframe I can just sell my Katana and buy Bandit 1200 and probably you will be right

But Bandits arent cheap and I've got spare 1100 frame with papers so maybe I'll try it anyway, because I just like katanas

Comment

Those do look kinda funny. My idea keeps the front fairing an headlight but ditches the belly fairings and trims up the front, ill post pics when I get a little further with the trimming.

Comment

And here she is. Still have lots of work to do so no pointing out uneven lines or bad paint

Attached Files

Comment

I'm digging it. I like the quarter fairing look.
                      Might I suggest closing it up a little on the bottom side? Not sure if that is in your plans/haven't gotten to it yet but it would clean it up a bit.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                        I'm digging it. I like the quarter fairing look.
                        Might I suggest closing it up a little on the bottom side? Not sure if that is in your plans/haven't gotten to it yet but it would clean it up a bit.
                        I cut off the bad portions of the front fairing which is why so much is missing

I'm not really sure where I'm going with it now that I've seen the fairing on the bike......

Ha! Just remembered I have a large piece of diamond plate aluminum lying around......
                        Last edited by ic455; 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think you missed a spot.

Seriously, not awful. Are you planning on fabbing something to hide the frame below the tank?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Wild-bill, I'm thinking about painting that area to match the rest of the frame, my main problem is what the heck to do about the fairing brace :what:

Comment

Maybe once you paint the rest of the frame black it'll blend in?
                              Maybe put a plug over the hole?
                              What about screwing in a hex plug to make it look like it does something?
                              Use it to mount a cupholder?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X