X

Dusting off the PRE my build thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusting off the PRE my build thread

Ok so im sick of looking at this thing sitting in my garage so its time to throw some cash at it.

ive had the kat for 3 years now only rode it the first season i had it, it decided it was a good idea to flood the crank case with gas and spew the mixture all over my back tire while i was riding, so it went on a long time out. but now were gunna get it going again hopefully!

started yesterday with the tear down, ripped apart the carbs let jets and such soak overnight, reassembled today and they still leak gas so carbs are on the back burner until i figure out what im gunna do with them.

new oil/filter

treated the tank with a 3 step kit from my local parts store, stripped the tank down like a boss but the coating seems like its taking forever to dry in some of the spots where it was a little thicker so ill check up on that 2marow after it sets for a while.

plans as of right now are getting a licence plate/light figured out
    order up a vapor for my gauges
    figure out if im gunna rebuild/order new carbs
    come up with a headlight solution

but anyway heres a sneak peak of current state

stay tuned im going to go hard on this build

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You got a float not floating ? Or float needle not sealing or sticking , perhaps ... Oh boy , that got a K&N in it ? If so , good luck . I had pods on mine for a while and was CONSTANTLY dicking with it , and only got it running "ok" .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Is it weird that I find naked Kats to look like good rat rod street fighters?

Good work so far. Would have gone with the POR 15 gas tank sealing kit as they are the best. Might want to look into new rubber tipped needles and check floats if ur still leaking gas. Then check the petcock and its prob due for a rebuild.

U got me thinking of a naked street fighter with my 600 turbo or soon to be B12 turbo! I think all the turbo piping and stuff would add Character!
      1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
      fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
      55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
      R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
      Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        You got a float not floating ? Or float needle not sealing or sticking , perhaps ... Oh boy , that got a K&N in it ? If so , good luck . I had pods on mine for a while and was CONSTANTLY dicking with it , and only got it running "ok" .
        ya it had dual pods on it when i got it, gunna search around for a factory air box before it actually hits the street (its gunna be a while me thinkgs -_-)

turbo rat kat..... that sound sick lol

gunna order new plugs and carb kits next week and slowly keep trying to make progress

anyone know what kit i can use for the 750 carbs? i thought i read somewhere that the 600 kit is the same one, which would be nice bc i cant find a 750 anywhere on the net
        Last edited by Nickhimself; 06-13-2013, 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I got a 600 air box I'm trying to
          Get rid of. But u got a 750
          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

90-97 600, and 89-97 750 air box and air box boots are the same.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X