No announcement yet.
X

1992 600 streetfighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks wise it's definitely an improvement.
    Lots of people on here seem to have bad luck with pod filters though so if you ever have issues, might want to start there.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

badassss bikeeee
      How do you mount your headlight ?
      And is that Computer fan ? What is it for ?

Comment

Originally posted by drvk View Post
        badassss bikeeee
        How do you mount your headlight ?
        And is that Computer fan ? What is it for ?
        Looks like the stock fan for the CA emissions PAIR system...
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Looks great! Glad it is running good!

Comment

Originally posted by Mills 414
            Got a headlight from a motorcycle salvage yard. I think it's from a 1970 era Kawasaki. Then bought some headlight brackets from a local shop. I made a gauge holder out of some 3" muffler pipe and a piece of 1" carbon flat strap. Then I bolted the gauge holder and the brackets together to make everything stable. The fan was on the bike when I got it. It kicks on when the bike gets hot. This was a California model bike. I pulled the other 6lbs. of emissions system off and blocked the ports.
            Sweettt. Didn't know CA model have the fan. I just only know they have split fuel cock n some sort of canister.

Comment

Your bike looks awesome! I have a 1994 Katana that I want to look just like yours. What all modifications have you made so far (I know it's a lot)? Any information would be great.

Comment

That's looking pretty good. Did you happen to save the big left side fairing? Want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by jacobs1585 View Post
                  Your bike looks awesome! I have a 1994 Katana that I want to look just like yours. What all modifications have you made so far (I know it's a lot)? Any information would be great.
                  Stripped it to the frame, cleaned everything, rebuilt the fork, built gauge holder from 1 inch flat strap and 3 inch muffler piping. Built a rear cowl from sheet metal from Home Depot. Changed blinker relay to blink LED lights. Installed front LED flush mount blinkers and LED tail light with integrated blinkers. Keep your stock air box! I'm running the stock airbox now instead of the K & N's that are in the pictures. Gives you smoother power and more bottom end. Built a sub frame from 1 inch square tubing and 1 1/2 inch angle iron under the cowling. That should get you started. Thanks for the positive feedback. Oh.... and paint everything black!

Originally posted by kevingkruse View Post
                  That's looking pretty good. Did you happen to save the big left side fairing? Want to sell?
                  Sorry. I would have given it to you, but I traded it to the local motorcycle graveyard.
                  Last edited by Mills 414; 05-30-2013, 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                  X