X

Jack up kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    So that it operates correctly for the owner's weight.

+1

Your Kat's shock was for the wrong weight to start with, before it got worn out over the past many years.

The spring should rated for your weight and the application it's in. Not only does 20lbs make a huge difference for the spring, but every bike out there will have a slightly different leverage point changing the spring rate needed for the same weight rider.

Even if the B12 shock had a spring for that bike application that was a match for your weight on that bike, it's very likely that spring would not be correct for putting it on the Kat... due to the differences in geometry for the swingarm/linkages between the bikes.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by ash768w View Post
      im 6'3" and the bike is a little small. (not by much tho) i wanted to raise it by roughly 30mm
      I'm also glad you asked as i'm 6'2 ,20 ish stone and need to beef up my rear for panniers and pillion.

I did think about the B12 shock as mentioned on the forum but motorbike fetlers are in short supply in the UK.
      Can you message me if you find a uk source ,thankyou....
      I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
        I'm also glad you asked as i'm 6'2 ,20 ish stone and need to beef up my rear for panniers and pillion.

I did think about the B12 shock as mentioned on the forum but motorbike fetlers are in short supply in the UK.
        Can you message me if you find a uk source ,thankyou....
        yes mate i will do

Comment

The 1100 shock can be rebuilt. Contact Tmod for details. He's working for Racetech now so the work would be done through them but he can get you set up exactly right and get you a discount thanks to KR.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            The 1100 shock can be rebuilt. Contact Tmod for details. He's working for Racetech now so the work would be done through them but he can get you set up exactly right and get you a discount thanks to KR.
            i would love to mate but im in the uk.

Comment

Working...
            X