X

Which Jet Kit should I use????!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jet Kit should I use????!!!!

I have a new K&N Air Filter... I need to rejet.... I have been told I need a stage one kit, I have also been told to "Grab one off Amazon for 50 bucks."...

No matter how hard I search, I always end up with a price over 100 dollars. Does anyone or has anyone rejetted their carbs, what needles did you use, which jets, what brand, or did you replace all the jets in the entire carb bank????? Responses please. Thankyou.

-Jeff

Oh.... my ride is a 2003 Katana 750F

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I'd recommend Factory Pro, it's head and shoulders better than anything else. Yes, it's more than $50 bucks. ANY jet kit is around $130 give or take. Lose the K&N air filter. I don't care what you jet your carbs with. That piece of shit air filter will never work right. Use the stock air filter, nothing else.
      Factory Pro Tuning Carb Kit - Stage 1 CRB-S14-1.0

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I'd recommend Factory Pro, it's head and shoulders better than anything else. Yes, it's more than $50 bucks. ANY jet kit is around $130 give or take. Lose the K&N air filter. I don't care what you jet your carbs with. That piece of shit air filter will never work right. Use the stock air filter, nothing else.
        +1. Factory Pro is the way to go. K&N may be fine on some vehicles, but on these bikes...Total crap.
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

+2
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Are UNI filters any better than K&N?? What took me was the price.....almost looks like a stock filter....and reusable too!

Comment

Just take the hit and get a stock filter...

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJeff View Post
                Are UNI filters any better than K&N?? What took me was the price.....almost looks like a stock filter....and reusable too!
                I had a uni filter, same issue as the K&N IMO.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJeff View Post
                  They both suck. It looks nothing like the stock filter. The stock is paper and white. The UNI is foam and black.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    I had a uni filter, same issue as the K&N IMO.
                    Had my UNI for a few days, didn't seem to have the same problems as K&N....I think just to be safe I'll go and order an OEM filter... I know I probably can't get my money back on the filters... but they are reusable. Donate or sell them to the next sucker I meet?

Comment

Use the stock air filter, nothing else.
                      I didn't realize that was difficult to understand.

Comment

I recently traded my '06 DRZ400 for an '06 Katana 600. My first real street bike. I got it home and took it for a ride. It started right up and idled fine. It revs good in neutral, but when you get on the throttle above 3,00 RPM in gear it kind of stumbles. It will accelerate, but not like I hoped it would. Any ideas? It seems to be in good shape with only 8,500 miles. I replaced the spark plugs with NGK CR9Es and it made no difference. It was about 30 degrees that day, and I rode it today and it was in the mid 60s with the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by rm12403 View Post
                          I recently traded my '06 DRZ400 for an '06 Katana 600. My first real street bike. I got it home and took it for a ride. It started right up and idled fine. It revs good in neutral, but when you get on the throttle above 3,00 RPM in gear it kind of stumbles. It will accelerate, but not like I hoped it would. Any ideas? It seems to be in good shape with only 8,500 miles. I replaced the spark plugs with NGK CR9Es and it made no difference. It was about 30 degrees that day, and I rode it today and it was in the mid 60s with the same results.
                          Was the bike left to sit for a while? Long enough for the gas to have gone bad?
                          previous rides
                          06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                          next ride - another kat

Comment

That's very possible. The guy I got it from never registered it, so I assume he didn't ride it. He only had it for a couple months, but I don't know the original owner or how long it has been since he rode it. When I took the tank off to replace the plugs, it kind of smelled like turpentine.

Maybe I ought to drain the tank and try some fresh fuel?
                            Last edited by rm12403; 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rm12403 View Post
                              That's very possible. The guy I got it from never registered it, so I assume he didn't ride it. He only had it for a couple months, but I don't know the original owner or how long it has been since he rode it. When I took the tank off to replace the plugs, it kind of smelled like turpentine.

Maybe I ought to drain the tank and try some fresh fuel?
                              I'm sure most of the guys around here will advise you to have for carbs thoroughly cleaned, besides replacing the fuel in the tank. If the bike sat for any length of time, the gas goes bad and turns to varnish, clogging up the carbs and jets,etc.

If its not too gummed up, you might just try fresh gas and running some carb cleaner through it (fuel additive) like sea foam or Lucas oil.

Also make sure you let it warm up enough before riding
                              Last edited by edromero; 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              previous rides
                              06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                              next ride - another kat

Comment

Working...
                              X