X

Kat Conversion Pic Heavy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Conversion Pic Heavy

After dumping my Kat in a parking-lot ( hit a bit of sand) I decided to transform her into a semi streetfighter/caferacer.

Here is the original

I took the tank, sanded it with some 80 grit, and then put 3 layers of primer on.

I then proceeded to paint it. It matches my track suit, which I don't have a photo of at the moment. Here is the final.

I chopped up the plastics I wanted to save and began painting them as well.

Finally got rid of the shovel (just in time for the rainy season and now stuff sprays up ). I put some nice bolt on leds instead of the giant license plate light.

Painted the seat as well.

My headlight came. Sadly it was just a sealed beam with nothing to bolt it to my front fairing. So a drill, some L brackets, and a few bendable strike plates allowed me to jerry-rig this.

More drilling, a few hose clamps, and another L bracket got the whole fairing on with little work.

I ditched a lot of the led indicators. You can find neutral easier and safer w/o the green light. High beam indicator is pointless. Though my gf disagrees I feel like a speed indicator that gives you your max speed is pretty sweet

This is the final product. Mounted flush turn signals on the front and back fairings. Took off the ugly rear passenger grab bar (sorry honey). Put some napoleon style bar ends on her (they give sweet rear visibility). That windscreen is sweet you can prone entirely beneath it.

Looks good
    sigpic
    Navy Vet
    1998 B12
    00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

The tank reminds me of the chrome logo. I'm digging the headlight.

Comment

I love that front windscreen you put on there. Makes the bike look retro/Mad Maxish.
        1990 GSXF 1100
        2011 KLR 650

Comment

Kinda looks like my bike before I got it, with what was left of the front fairing/windscreen on it after the previous owner laid it down and slid into a ditch.

Comment

that is an emgo fairing,correct?was wondereing what one looked on a kat.i have one and after looking at your bike(sweet ride by theway)i might have to use it.i will have to find something else for my cafe kz440/gs650 hybrid
            1988 katana 600 that wants to grow up to be a streetfighter

Comment

Going for the dirtbag challange build > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=445717822038

Comment

i like that front fairing, considered painting it to match the rest of the bike??

Comment

did you make your own bracket to mount your fairing?if you did,can you take some pics?

maybe i should look a little harder at the pics before i ask you to post more.lol
                  Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 11-23-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  1988 katana 600 that wants to grow up to be a streetfighter

Comment

Hello admin my name is SAIM.. Your are having a nice nice forum. i am a new user and i will be Actively participating.. Hope you will well come me..
                    testkings test labs pdf download testkings test labs pdf download
                    ccnp classes latest tests ccnp classes latest tests
                    ccnp papers latest tests ccnp papers latest tests
                    ccnp videos latest tests ccnp videos latest tests
                    ccie classes latest tests ccie classes latest tests

Comment

Originally posted by saim123 View Post
                      Hello admin my name is SAIM.. Your are having a nice nice forum. i am a new user and i will be Actively participating.. Hope you will well come me..
                      Post up an introduction, and fill out your profile, and we will welcome you.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

When I saw the 6th pic (first complete shot of the bike) I though it would look sweet to have an old race like windscreen (yeah I'm a fan of café racers), and you did just that.
                        It looks really good mate.
                        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I agree. Love the look of the headlight and front cowl. I just picked up a Koso RX-1N speedo/tach and a cyclops unit to do my front-end up here shortly.

Well done and plz keep us posted with updated pics!!
                          1991 Kat 600 Fightered
                          2001 SV650 Naked
                          2011 Roketa 150 Scooter

Comment

Working...
                          X