X

pssoble new project.. thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pssoble new project.. thoughts?

Black and yellow. Carbon fider grip and signal lights. Vance and hines exhaust system, so it screams. Only thing wrong is that you need to get another harness and stock ignition. Harness about 25 and ignition system about hundard dollars. So 525 for a perfect running bike. I even have mechanic that's gonna put it together for ya. Clean and clear title. Please call text or email. chris thanks for looking. I need to money today. Could possibly lower to 350

so my question is he says the previous owner put an aftermarket ignition on it and messed up the wiring.. how hard is it to put a new harness and ignition box in it? i am wanting to fighter it so the whole bike will be taken apart and gone through anyways.. any thoughts or things I should be concerned with wehn i go to look at it?

I would always be cautious about buying a bike you can't hear run, at least. You never know what other problems they aren't telling you about. If you're going to do a fighter, I'm sure you can find a running project for just a little more money. Just my thought..

Comment

I agree with Greenbread. I wouldn't buy a bike that I couldn't hear run unless it was really cheap and I knew it was going to be a long term, complete rebuild project.

Comment

very true man

Comment

For 350 I would buy it at the least you would have a frame and title the you could do anything with.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_99_GSXF View Post
            so my question is he says the previous owner put an aftermarket ignition on it and messed up the wiring.. how hard is it to put a new harness and ignition box in it? i am wanting to fighter it so the whole bike will be taken apart and gone through anyways.. any thoughts or things I should be concerned with wehn i go to look at it?
            So easy it's not something your gonna have to think about once you pull the bike's fairings off.

That said, if you start trying to match up different years, you might see some plugs not exactly the same.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

sweet thanks krey! im going to just wait and see if hes still got it next time i get paid, i know the chances of that arent real good but if its meant to be its meant to be lol

Comment

Push it in gear and bump the clutch to see if the motor turns over unless the starter works and make sure its not locked up....other than that hell it looks like fun!
                1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Working...
                X