X

No power to coils

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to coils

Hey guys help!!!! Bike quit on me the other day and im stuck i have power everywhere but the cdi and the coils! Im stumped

try cdi if yu have one available

Comment

Originally posted by ratfighterkat View Post
      Hey guys help!!!! Bike quit on me the other day and im stuck i have power everywhere but the cdi and the coils! Im stumped

Need more info...

With a volt meter to measure the voltage reading, what do you have power wise at the following points...

Into the ignition switch.
      Out of the ignition switch.
      Into the CDI.
      Out of the CDI orange/white wire
      Out of the CDI black wire
      Out of the CDI White wire

And at this point, if your measuring power out... check those same wires out of the CDI at the coils.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have power in to the cdi but nothing coming out

Comment

Originally posted by ratfighterkat View Post
          I have power in to the cdi but nothing coming out

then you possibly have a bad cdi. Swap with a known good to test.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thats what im down too i was so frusterated i just bought a new bike (97fireblade) lmao but i cant let go of my kat for some reason lol thx guys im hoping to have it goin again soon

Im also just goin to replace the harness since its $20 on the bay just to be sure
            Last edited by ratfighterkat; 07-19-2012, 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
            X