X

so it begins. 01 build.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so it begins. 01 build.

After a not so bad low side I've decided to make my mat into a street fighter. Not particularly caring for the post kat fairings the choice came quite easily. Here is where I am at thus fare.

Pic 1-3 everything off as of this AM.

Pic 2-3 Is a tail light I picked from the scrap yard. looks to be an aftermarket 03-07 Kat light.

Pic 5 How it looked before putting it down

Pic 6 is one of the 2 (maybe 4) lights Il be using as head lights.

I do have one question though in regards to the tail light. a buddy of mine swears that the setup has integrated turn signals via the brake bulbs. to me it simply looks like the wiring is for the dual filament bulbs inside that activate when the brake is used. Can anyone shed some light on this? if I'm correct, could it be wired up to act as an integrated turn signal?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by omnigsx; 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM.

Looking forward to how it turns out. I am planning on street fighting my 01 kat as well

Comment

I noticed you removed the front fender, like the look of it without it. Does the bracket that holds it on provide any support/stabilization to the forks, or is it just a bracket for the fender? These things are sturdy, but sometimes you never know until you ask...Safe or not safe?

Comment

Not to bad,,,i seen a kat on a previous post and it was a street fighter they cut the left and right side fairings so that it would still be on the tank but wouldnt cover the.engine,,,belly fairin any count lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefox01 View Post
          I noticed you removed the front fender, like the look of it without it. Does the bracket that holds it on provide any support/stabilization to the forks, or is it just a bracket for the fender? These things are sturdy, but sometimes you never know until you ask...Safe or not safe?
          that actually a really good question one that didn't even occur to me. I have ridden it once with the plate off. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but in all honesty it was out of sight out of mind. Il look into this further and return with my findings, if any.

the build is coming along quite well, I should have pics up soon. had a god awful time working with the allen head bolts that secure the handles to the triple tree.

Comment

Working...
          X