X

You're all to blame!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're all to blame!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been lurking in the background for a while now - so thought I should at last say hello.

"HELLO"

Originally came across the site when I bought myself a stock '95 750. That's when the trouble began - I started reading this forum and was astounded by the quality of some of the builds - hence the title "You're all to blame". The plastics just had to go.

Still a long way to go and things to change. It's been off the road several weeks, but I just had to throw it all back together and make the most of the sunshine this weekend and to see what it would ride like. So it is dirty and rusty, but what the hell, it all worked and nothing fell off!

Engine is stock as I'm no engineer, but I'm OK with that. Installed a rear shock from a Hayabusa which has raised the back a good 2" and raised the front about 1" mainly out of necessity due to the placement of the risers and handlebars, but it has balanced it out quite well.

The seat arrangement is only temporary as I want to take more off the back, however I'm still undecided on how I want it to look. Any changes will have to be bolt-on as I don't have any welding experience (unless those in the know tell me this is a bad idea) and I want this to be my build as much as possible without having to pay someone else to do the work. Just got myself a silencer from a R1 which I intend to cut down sometime soon.

I'd really appreciate any comments/suggestions from those who have any thoughts on the build so far - after all "You're all to blame!!!!"
    Attached Files

I like your steel braided brake line that goes down to the splitter and from there on its the original rubber lines
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
      I like your steel braided brake line that goes down to the splitter and from there on its the original rubber lines
      Kind of defeats the object of improving the brakes I know, but it was a quick fix as original hose was too short. Will be replacing all brakes hoses in the near future.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        Last edited by superbike; 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

It's coming together quite nicely as a sf. Are you considering painting the frame and fender? Welcome to KR!
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I've been blamed for worse.

Comment

That bike has it going on. Welcome to KR.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome on here. this bike is coming along pretty nice.
                  Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    It's coming together quite nicely as a sf. Are you considering painting the frame and fender? Welcome to KR!
                    Not given much thought to the paint yet. Front fender is just rattle canned to tidy it up after cutting. Will probably go mainly black with an accent colour, but that will no doubt change as I'm really just making it up as I go along.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words - it's making me more determined to get my arse into gear and finish the build. Mind, having followed all the other builds on the forum I get the impression no-one ever really finishes, they just keep evolving.

Comment

I agree. It's never finished. I'm always thinking about future mods well before I'm done with current mods.

Comment

Welcome to Kr!

Comment

Welcome; the subtle mods are the best...I like it!
                          In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Welcome to KR
                            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Great looking build man, keep it going. Love the tail section so far. So many fighters have poor tail sections in my opinion. Your onto a winner in my book. Great stuff
                              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                              -Unholy m-
                              Current project: Un-Katchable
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X