X

04 katana 600 to katana 1100 fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 katana 600 to katana 1100 fighter

getting ready to start my fighter project will update the thread as i make progress just recently installed a shock out of a newer style gsxr by cutting out some of the battery box and little bit of grinding here and there
    Last edited by bigamike; 10-22-2011, 09:27 PM.
    sigpic2004 streetfighter project
    out with the 600 and in with the 1100(1127)

looking forward to seeing some good pics of the swap.
    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

finally started i just installed my new gsxr rear shock had to cut the battery box and do a bit of grinding here and there and tomorrow i will be pulling the motor
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

havent taken many pics yet but the 1100 motor in the bike and running very rough but running will post some pictures soon

Comment

what are you running for carbs? the gsxr engine is gonna eat more fuel and air compared to your 600 engine. What are you running for air filters?
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

im running i believe they are 34mm mikuni flatslides that came with my motor aswell as i slightly modified the air box that came with the motor to work in my frame and i have a higflow k&n filter in the air box

Comment

wasnt able to post pictures of a the build due to a corrupted memory card but hears a video of the bike pretty much done , i have to replace the tire due to a 1inch long screw so i decided to kill it a bit. ill see what pictures i can take now to show how it looks so far
                [ame]http://youtu.be/VihdvsqTrw4[/ame]
                Last edited by bigamike; 03-08-2012, 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Update

in that video the bike wasnt firing on all 4 cylinders once corrected bike ran great for about 3 weeks until 2nd gear went which than was followed by me crashing the bike!!! so now it has underwent another transformation. it now has a 92 gsxr 750 inverted front end, 2005 hayabusa brake calipers, a new motor out a 2000 bandit 1200, also a bandit rear shock the spring rate on the gsxr shock was way off , this winter the bike will be undergoing surgery once again and getting A FRESH paint job as well as a swing arm conversion to the bandit 1200 swing arm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigamike View Post
                    in that video the bike wasnt firing on all 4 cylinders once corrected bike ran great for about 3 weeks until 2nd gear went which than was followed by me crashing the bike!!! so now it has underwent another transformation. it now has a 92 gsxr 750 inverted front end, 2005 hayabusa brake calipers, a new motor out a 2000 bandit 1200, also a bandit rear shock the spring rate on the gsxr shock was way off , this winter the bike will be undergoing surgery once again and getting A FRESH paint job as well as a swing arm conversion to the bandit 1200 swing arm!!!
                    So it will still be slower than a gsxr 600 and handle like a school bus?!?

Yay for unrealistic expectations!!!
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      So it will still be slower than a gsxr 600 and handle like a school bus?!?

Yay for unrealistic expectations!!!
                      it'll be slower until my 1127 is fully rebuilt and the handling like a school bus i can deal with the bike isnt being built to go around a track

Comment

I can guarantee a gsxr 600 will eat your bike and poop it out before you leave the line, but if it makes you feel better thats all that matters

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I can guarantee a gsxr 600 will eat your bike and poop it out before you leave the line, but if it makes you feel better thats all that matters
                          possibly but i could care less because at the end of the day i can say i built my bike and be proud rather than say i bought this bike a know that the next joe schmo has the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigamike View Post
                            possibly but i could care less because at the end of the day i can say i built my bike and be proud rather than say i bought this bike a know that the next joe schmo has the same thing.
                            Thats cool, but every joe schmo with a gsxr will be waiting for you to catch up at the next stop sign or at the end of a long straight

Comment

Thats cool, but every joe schmo with a gsxr will be waiting for you to catch up at the next stop sign or at the end of a long straight
                              and to let you know i run with gsxrs all day and have no problem keeping up so thank you, come again

Comment

Working...
                              X