No announcement yet.
X

requirements of a streetfighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never cared to much for the street fighter look untill i got a ugly duc .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      No way. Choppers take a mildly functional bike and make it less functional. Streetfighters repurpose a sportbike for city duty. Fun as it is, ripping through stopped/slow moving traffic on a sportbike is not so efficient. The dirtbike bars, lack of fairings, and sharper rake (from jacking up the rear) make them better for city duty.

I think SuMo's have pretty much replaced fighters for this duty, though.... they are about the best urban hooligan bikes around IMO. The only advantage a streetfighter has over a sumo is at highway and super-legal speeds.

SuMo's are sweet, but for a guy my size totally not functional.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
        SuMo's are sweet, but for a guy my size totally not functional.
        Look like a golf ball on the tee?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Look like a golf ball on the tee?
          that pretty much sums it up!!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

No way. Choppers take a mildly functional bike and make it less functional. Streetfighters repurpose a sportbike for city duty. Fun as it is, ripping through stopped/slow moving traffic on a sportbike is not so efficient. The dirtbike bars, lack of fairings, and sharper rake (from jacking up the rear) make them better for city duty.

I think SuMo's have pretty much replaced fighters for this duty, though.... they are about the best urban hooligan bikes around IMO. The only advantage a streetfighter has over a sumo is at highway and super-legal speeds.
            SuMo?

I'm guessing you mean Super Motard?
            Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
            Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
            2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Working...
            X