X

Remove triple tree and everything from the top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove triple tree and everything from the top

Hey all I'm about to put my headlight and brackets on my bike and clean up the wiring, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can remove the triple tree and the bars from the top, in order to get the light on? I'm just worried if I take the clip ons and all that off there will be the forks springs flying out of the cylinder. Basically right now no places here have motorcycle jacks in stock so if I have to lift the front that's a setback. Thanksssssss

only way the forks will fly apart is if you take the caps off them. To remove triples though you're best off removing the forks from the top tree at least.
    sigpic

Comment

Assuming you have a pre 600, you loosen the allen bolt on either side, under the bar clip on. Then you remove the large bolt in the center. You should be able to lift the entire top of the triple up and off enough to put the brackets you want on. Then put the triple back on in reverse of what you did.

If you do not loosen the lower triple clamps on the forks, you should not have to worry about lifting the front end.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Assuming you have a pre 600, you loosen the allen bolt on either side, under the bar clip on. Then you remove the large bolt in the center. You should be able to lift the entire top of the triple up and off enough to put the brackets you want on. Then put the triple back on in reverse of what you did.

If you do not loosen the lower triple clamps on the forks, you should not have to worry about lifting the front end.

Krey
        Ah I see senks. By the bolts on either side, do you mean the ones that thread in horizontally at the side, or the bolts that go through the clip on itself?

Also is this a compression thing? If I removed the center bolt first and removed both side bolts, is that ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedison View Post
          Ah I see senks. By the bolts on either side, do you mean the ones that thread in horizontally at the side, or the bolts that go through the clip on itself?

Also is this a compression thing? If I removed the center bolt first and removed both side bolts, is that ok?
          yes, from the sides... those are the clamps for the triple to the fork tubes.

And no, doesn't really matter if it's those or the center bolt first.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            yes, from the sides... those are the clamps for the triple to the fork tubes.

And no, doesn't really matter if it's those or the center bolt first.

krey
            Cool thanks! It just seems black magic hownit can be lifted without the black fork plugs messing up.

Comment

Working...
            X