X

Removing frontmfork fender???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing frontmfork fender???

Hey guys just checking as i think it may be stripped, but are the bolts holding the front fender to the bracket regular or reverse threaded? I asked because i've been spinning them forever and i cant get the ****ers off. They just spin forever....grrrrr.....

There are nuts on the bottom. You have to take the front wheel off to access them.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

sometimes the simplest things take the longest to figure out!
        sigpic
        "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
        "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh dur dur dur

Is there any easy way to hoist up the front or am i going to be needing a jack?

Comment

I use 2 jacks, one under each side of the frame. That's with belly pan off of course. Others use cherry pickers or build pipe frame rigs then use a ratchet tie down strap to lift the bike
            sigpic

Comment

I use a car jack and wood blocks under the front edge of the engine/exhaust/frame.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                I use a car jack and wood blocks under the front edge of the engine/exhaust/frame.

Krey

I did that and now I either need a new header or the gaskets at the head. Something is cracked or bent, but for now it quiets down when heated up.
                sigpic

Comment

i jb welded the nuts to the fender for easy removal.

Comment

Working...
                  X