No announcement yet.
X

92 750 Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should say that. I was just thinking about motor swaps. Only time will tell though. I have a serious problem modifying everything. Just can't seem to leave things stock, bugs me till I can't take it.

I believe I have gotten all the wireing problems figured out now. Still can't figure out where in the heck that yellow wire goes. Not going to stress over that though as it is part of the lighting circuit. I have back probed more wires than i care to think of.

Today I cut down my Yoshi can. It is now 6" shorter and it got moved about 6" closer to the front. Also relocated the horn. It now resides under the tank right above the coils. The front forks are starting to look a lot better now, much cleaner, however I am gonna have to do something about those brake lines. Just don't look good at all.

I took pictures of todays work but the storm knocked out our power. Will upload them from the camera as soon as I can.

Comment

i think it looks sick. with the back frame cut down it makes it look like a huge stretch
      ----USMC combat vet----
      07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Yeah, without the full tail it does appear much longer. As promised here are the new pictures.

First two are before the new exhaust mod taken outside with as little distractions in the background as possible

New horn location

Yoshi can before chop

6" removed

New look

Comment

this is quite the sexy fighter you've got here. Very inspiring man!
          1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
          2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
          1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Small update:

Well, funds ran out rather quick. But I sold a truck and now have enough cash to finish, at least I think so. Gonna order some parts tomorrow and will post some more when they arrive. For now just a few pictures of the tank. Got sick and tired of looking at the awful tank line. Looked horrible and didn't flow good. Fixed that, just need to do a little more welding, then some body work.

Tank stripped of paint and the skeleton made from 3/16" rod

Finished most the metal work. Ran out shielding gas unfortunatly. But you can get the idear

I'm going to hold off on the body work till I get my Koso guage in. Right now the plan is put the stock tack where the ignition used to be and the Koso guage ontop the tripple. However if it looks too crowded, I'm gonna french the Koso in the tank

Comment

Great job. You've obviously got some skill! Keep up the good work!

Comment

the tank looks so much better

Just a thought with the rear end..........think it would look better IMO

Last edited by ofb; 09-05-2011, 03:38 AM.
                  Toys.........
                  1985 LT250 - modified
                  1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
                  2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
                  2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

I agree it would probably look better like you drew. But I also think it might make the bike look even longer than it is. And I dont want that. I would like to bend and roll some tube for that area but need to figure something to fill the gap that would be between the tail and tire. Thinking about a swingarm brace or maybe a hugger. Havnt decided on that yet.

Comment

Small update:

Started the body work on the tank. Was waiting for my Koso gauge to come in, and now that it has, I have decided not to french it in the tank. I didnt like how far down I would have to look down to see it. Instead my gauge will be mounted on the tripple along with the Tach. Decided to swap over to the pre Kat 600 tripple as it will lend its self better to the mods I will do to mount the guage and tach. More on that when it arrives. Got it from a fellow member at a great price.

Also, in the pictures you will see that I decided to add a belly pan. Although I'm not to happy about the condition it's in. Ordered it off Ebay, and the seller " forgot " to mention all the cracks or the chunk missing off one side. Will probably get another and use this one for repair pieces.

The tank has gone thru 2 sandings and is now in primer. With the primer on, there are a few small spots that will need an additional skim coat then final paint. Originally, I planned on a blacked out bike. However with the white rear rim and whitish primer on the tank, I'm kinda leaning towards a black and white theme. White rims, tank, belly pan, and maybe a few small parts. Maybe paint the tank white and the raised section of the tank black and stitch a seat to match. Of course that means even more work to do. Any suggestions?

Anyhow here are some more tank pictures

Comment

You nailed it! great way to kill the "tank gap!"

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it

Comment

Awesome job and fab skills! That is some nice work! That tank reminds me of a huge friggin turtle shell! LOL!

Comment

That thing is bad ***! Excited to see how it turns out, don't stop with the pictures!

Also, forgive me if this is a stupid thought but, with the widened swing arm I assume you are going to get a wider tire/wheel which would be awesome but isn't the rear sprocket going to be out of line with the front sprocket? how do you get around that?
                              Last edited by 89kat750cc; 09-23-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89kat750cc View Post
                                That thing is bad ***! Excited to see how it turns out, don't stop with the pictures!

Also, forgive me if this is a stupid thought but, with the widened swing arm I assume you are going to get a wider tire/wheel which would be awesome but isn't the rear sprocket going to be out of line with the front sprocket? how do you get around that?
                                Yeah, I have a 5.5" wide GSXR rim with a 170 tire on it right now. Honestly, I dont know for sure that the sprockets will or will not line up. Havnt installed the new chain and aligned yet. Looking down the sprockets with the old chain drooped over, looks good but that dont mean crap really. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to paint the swingarm and permanently mount it with the chain. I followed Krylyn's thread for the swingarm and nowhere did he mention the need for an offset sprocket. Fingers crossed there.

I got my pre 600 upper tripple in the mail yesterday. Spent a little time on a mill today shaving the ignition bracket and I surfaced the face a little to clean it up. Bent some aluminum plate into a tube to house the tach and got that tacked in place. Some time next week I will get it welded in. I like to use an inverter to weld aluminum as I can manipulate the frequency to produce better looking Tig welds. Pretty stoked with how it has turned out so far.

Picture as I started milling

The new look

Also, have decided not to install my Koso gauge on the tripple as it would clutter that up. And I'm not about to strip my tank back down to put it there. I dont know just yet where it's going to go but its going somewhere since I bought it. Might just put it on the handle bar above the choke temporarily till I can make up my damn mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X