X

My 88 600 project(pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dblj033 View Post
    awesome where your going with this project. after i get my kat on the road(legally haha) im gonna buy a project i can go streetfighter with. love the look of a naked bike
    Thanks dude, yea i have done my best within my budget there's lots of things i would have liked to do but money has been the main problem.
    You have the right idea in getting a second bike to work on, its been mental torture for me not being on the road but i have learned so much and will save a fortune in the future as i will no longer have to take my bikes to the shop for repair.

Comment

Anymore new paint pics? You're giving me the notion to go ahead and paint mine. My plan was to ride as is until Fall, but maybe I need to shoot it now!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepocaster View Post
        Anymore new paint pics? You're giving me the notion to go ahead and paint mine. My plan was to ride as is until Fall, but maybe I need to shoot it now!!

Sorry mate its been raining non stop here in the uk this past week, so all i have been able to do is put everything on the bike to mask up ready for some grafix and i'm also waiting on my buddy who has my paint
        But i did take couple off pics.......

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Managed to get a little more paint done today nearly ready for clear coat

Comment

The side of the tank was looking a bit bland so i made some suzuki logo's and did them to match the rest,I think it turned out ok!

Comment

where'd you get that stencil you're using for the skulls?

97 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by jraggett View Post
                  where'd you get that stencil you're using for the skulls?
                  Hi mate i got the stencil from ebay,I was going to get it airbrushed but my budget didn't allow for that,Its not the best paint job but it'll do for me.

Comment

Hey I thought it looked pretty good. How much was it?

97 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by jraggett View Post
                      Hey I thought it looked pretty good. How much was it?
                      Cost £2 for the skulls stencil including postage.

Comment

Yesterday i done the clear coat and today i painted and fitted my crappy old fuel cap, I think it looks ok!
                        I also made a homemade manometer using wine bottles to sync the carbs,i will do that tomorrow if its not raining as i don't want to have the bike running in the shed for obvious reasons.

Comment

Well its pretty much done apart from the back brake needs some work and then it should be ready for Mot test

Comment

Nice! Hardly looks like the same bike, does it?

Comment

flip, im inspired

Comment

Thanks guys! no it doesn't look like the same bike does it!
                                I missed out from this thread the amount of mechanical work that i had to do just to get her running,
                                The brake calipers needed re building
                                The forks needed re building
                                The wiring loom needed replacing
                                The valve's needed setting
                                the carbs needed rebuilding Twice
                                New stainless 4 into 1 collector
                                then normal stuff like oil filters and plugs and more that i can't think of at the moment.
                                The bike was in a sorry state the pic at the beginning of this thread made the bike look a lot better than it actually was i have ended up paying out more than the bikes worth really but hey that's motorcycling for you.
                                There is still things i would like to have done like swap the wheels for 3 spoke's and fit better tail but for now i will be happy to get back on the road.And i would do it all again tomorrow for the enjoyment that i got out of working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X