X

93 600 won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 600 won't start

I have the front end on jacks but wanted to start it up after I had the tank off. now I can't get it to start. the start switch won't even click over. everything except the blinkers and horn are hooked up. the horn wires come from the wiring that's in the headlight area correct? I have two wires coming from the bike toward the headlight that look like they may be for the horn? I failed to label which wires were which however iv tried both on the horn with no avail so I'm guessing my problem goes further? everything else is hooked up the headlight works. the neutral switch light does not come on when on and in neutral however? I need help. thanks for the responses

Is the clutch sensor still wired up? (the two wires coming from the clutch lever) Is the kill switch still wired up?

Comment

everything is hooked up. only thing I can think of is inside the case where the clutch cable is, is that round piece with a wire going to it that has the two bolts that if removed opens up into the engine and has that little pin that sticks out and touches it, that was leaking so I tool it off fixed the seal then bolted it back up put the cover with the cable back on making sure the shaft that shifts the gears was in the hole. could that piece I removed to fix the leak be the issue? it's just weird the headlight works high and low but nothing else on the handle bars works including the neutral light on the gauges. the horn is hooked up, that's simple enough and that doesn't work. battery isn't dead I had it hooked up with and without jumper cables. bulb isn't blown. no fuses blown. all the connectors are connected that are located under the tank and all the gauges are connected.

Comment

Its hard to say without seeing it in person, sounds like you need to double check everything though....

One thing you can try is take the 2 wires coming from the clutch perch and plug them into each other, then plug the 2 wires that connect to the clutch perch wires into each other. I couldnt think of a better way to explain it, but if you can understand that give it a shot.

Comment

I'm not sure on what the clutch perch is. all the wires coming from the clutch lever are contained then wire into the harness...

Comment

Clutch perch is what the clutch lever is bolted too, take those 2 wires from the clutch lever and connect them, then the 2 wires on the engine harness that would go to the clutch lever wires, connect them together, and see if it cranks.

Comment

yup it was the clutch perch. the little nipple on it was broke off thanks for the help. but i still cant figure out why my rear taillight, blinkers and horn wont work? everything is hooked up no fuses blown and the headlight works? there are two wires coming out of the harness in the front next to the right side blinker wires that arent hooked up but i cant figure where they go? everything is hooked up, looks like two hot into one and a ground. a green wire and two white wires with maybe black stripes? is that aftermarket? its tied into the harness though?

Comment

alright so I narrowed my electrical problem down, at the fuse box with everything hooked up I keep blowing my signal 10A fuse. blows all the way up until I put a 25A in but the it just dims everything but everything works. is this a bad relay somewhere? if so where is it located?

Comment

No way thats a dead short somewhere, take that 25A out before you melt the harness.
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I did take it out. only put it in to see if I had any power going to it at all. so I have a short then? not a relay? why does it blow? If it's a short will there be any signs? on my front right signal the little rubber cover covering the connection has a burn/melted mark? could that be my issue?

Comment

That would be where I started.
                      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

It could be.
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                        X