X

A 4 week, weekend built nakid bike.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 4 week, weekend built nakid bike.

Really not gonna be a true fighter. No proformance mod's, frame mods, Just a simple, clean, nakid bike.
    Here is where I started. It's a friend of a friend's wife bike. the guy gave it to her after getting a BlackBird 1100 and spent the last few years basshing up this Kat. Poorly maintained, ugly paint, dropped, bent and JB welded parts... list goes on.

He want's it ready for his wife to ride in a few weeks and I'm a retard so I tell him I can do something with it. This guy just beats up bikes but I got to meet his wife, I broke it down to her, told her about the streetfighter concempt and she was all in. She just wanted to keep it on the mild side and leave it a 2 up bike.
    I got 3 weekends in on it and some time I can get on it tomorrow, Her's where I went...
    new head light & gauge mount.

old skool Honda FT500 tail glassed into chopped rear fairings.

Chopped what was left of the side/ uppr fairing and got this far.

My little streetfighter-nakid bike upper from chipped parts ans fiberglass.

A quick 4 to one pipe mod.

my condenced gauge cluster. out of ABS I will cut, heat and bend to fit the fairing.

Getting close. 3 or 4 build days to get it out the door....
    "The quickest way to change a persons mind on a subject is a 168 grain boat tail hollow point." 1*

welcome to kr! your work looks very nice, i love the tail.

Comment

I gotta say, this is the second Katana I got got to work on and they are hard core, solid bikes. I ran dirtbikes and KLR's in the service of Uncle Sam. My street bike time startesd on an old Honda CB and I was a motor head and started to get into and love the metric bikes. I think the Kat is the Chevy 350 of the bike world. Simple, tough, and lot's a fun.
      "The quickest way to change a persons mind on a subject is a 168 grain boat tail hollow point." 1*

Comment

I really like where your going with the fighter light fairings...

Should look very nice.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          I really like where your going with the fighter light fairings...

Should look very nice.

Krey
          I second that. I really liked that hot wheels flame job tho... Just wouldnt wanna be seen riding it..

Comment

Tell me you didnt just lope off the left side pipe and are expecting the cross over to handle the exhaust? Cylinders 1&2 are going to hate you

But I like the fairing too..
            Last edited by Black_peter; 05-07-2011, 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yea i was wondering what was going on there too.

Comment

Crap pic of that. I welded in a bit more sliced up tube at about a 45 angle and chopped away forward of the crossover pipe to keep back presure closer so the is no 90 degree turns in the pipe. I almost did just hack it off and cap it. the crossover on this bike is huge compared to other exhausts I have hanging around here. The header tubes are down right tiny. I ALLMOST tried to fit a 600 CBR header to it but would have taken too much work. Is it perfect? Nope. Not at all. But to save the guy from buying an entire new exhaust to replace this bashed up one I did what I could with the parts tha were not crushed to make it work and used a larger can.

Come to think of it I have an old Yamaha 4 to one that may work better than what I did with a little work. I may screw around with it. I did get the font fender out of paint and mounted. The rear wheel is back on to allow me to get it off the jack for now. I'm waiting on the guy who owns it to get me a rotor, sprokets and chain. he rode it for 2 years with a bad chain and steel on steel for brakes. I'm salvageing and reparing all I can but the are somethings that can't be rigged to work.
                Last edited by fazer1sniper; 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

he's going to have quite a nice bike when you hand it back, i wouldnt want too after all the work you did.

Comment

Got a couple parts in and out of paint and on the bike. More paint and fab tomorrow, my lat day off.

Comment

wow that paint is beautiful.

Comment

Thanks, the tail is the hold up. Still in primer and filler. I'm not satisfied with it yet to go to paint. I's a simple paint effect. Black stripe down te top of the bike, mask off the edges and streach fish net stalkings over the back and airbrush silver. Simple but looks neat, especially for a girl's bike. I'm going for aggresssive look but something classy with something lady like.

Comment

Bodywork is done. Next weekend build a few small covers, wait on the chain, sprockets and rear brake parts, add a set of rear signals and thats it.

Comment

That is truly spectacular! I love the front headlight/solid windshield. It looks amazing. Well done!

Comment

Thanks Vera, a LOAD of fiberglass, filler and sanding on that part.

Comment

Working...
                              X