X

My Katana 750 Street Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    #4 brass washers can be had at lowes for cheap to use as shims.

Krey
    That is nice to try because you can pull them out easy..
    It helped me a little in that range.. they were still stupid below 5K though

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      That is nice to try because you can pull them out easy..
      It helped me a little in that range.. they were still stupid below 5K though
      Just an update, I've put around 800 miles on her just going back and forth to work and running minor errands, I didn't go up in the jets or anything I just used those washers and WOW what a difference there is still a small stumble from 4.5-5K but I can live with it.

I also put new tires on PilotRoad 2's, they are fantastic! I never had "good" tires on a bike before (have a ex500 with kendas on, which aren't bad tires but I never wanted to test out a good lean on them)

My only complaint is the R6 shock seems to make the bike a little too low. I weigh 160-165 so probably add 10lbs to the with gear. On a decent turn (not knee dragging by any means) my foot and onces in a while my peg hits the pavement. I guess I just have to do some serious adjusting and what not.

Comment

If you need jets, you can buy the individual jets thru Dennis Kirk for like 6 bucks per jet... No need to buy the whole kit if you know what size you need.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
          If you need jets, you can buy the individual jets thru Dennis Kirk for like 6 bucks per jet... No need to buy the whole kit if you know what size you need.

Ya I actually bought one size up from a dealer a few miles away for $3 a peice but it wasn't necesary, the shims worked wonders.

Thanks for the new sticky from Tmod about the r6 shock I tightened things up a few clicks and its much better, I didn't get to push it because it was raining but it wasn't sloppy and bouncing like it was.

Comment

Originally posted by GodJockey View Post
            Ya I actually bought one size up from a dealer a few miles away for $3 a peice but it wasn't necesary, the shims worked wonders.

Thanks for the new sticky from Tmod about the r6 shock I tightened things up a few clicks and its much better, I didn't get to push it because it was raining but it wasn't sloppy and bouncing like it was.

If after you have tuned the shock you still need a little height back... you can swap the links out. Adding height back to stock height would not be an issue.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by GodJockey View Post
              My only complaint is the R6 shock seems to make the bike a little too low. I weigh 160-165 so probably add 10lbs to the with gear. On a decent turn (not knee dragging by any means) my foot and onces in a while my peg hits the pavement. I guess I just have to do some serious adjusting and what not.
              That sounds like a body position issue, not really the shock.
              Make sure that the balls of your feet are on your pegs, and that your toes aren't sticking out. If hard parts are dragging, you should be leaning off your bike more. The more you lean off, the more your bike can stay upright through a corner.
              the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
              [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Quit riding around duck footed.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have no doubt it could be a body position issue, and I'll be sure to tuck my feet in more. Though I feel a lot better with the new settings on the shock.

It also probably wouldn't hurt to try to lean off a bit more.

Comment

I dig the wheels/color combo, looks good man.

Comment

nice tail

im liking the *** end on that im just getting my sf kat goin you guys got any sugestions for easy tail cowling buys

Comment

love the headlight and i have flourescent green wheels and a black bike hmmm i might steal your headlight and body design lol

Comment

That has a modern street fighter look and the whells are a stand out i picked up a fighter bike 2 weeks ago and the stator was fried but the dam thing runs like a chevy 350 or a muffeled harly but it has that one note thats all DUCATI .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is it comfy to ride?

Comment

Working...
                            X