Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Love these builds... Makes me jealous but love em anyway.
      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Originally posted by niqbales View Post
        Love these builds... Makes me jealous but love em anyway.
        +1 looks good so far
        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
        90 GSXR 750/1216
        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
        sigpic

Comment

coming along good so far.
          1996 Katana Gsxf 600
          1991 Katana Gsxf600(parts bike)

Comment

I really appreciate the support guys this website is probably the best thing i could have gotten for my bike

Comment

Thats an awesome teardown, thats what I wanted to do to my bike before I lost interest/fund.

How much would you say the motor weighs when its sitting on the floor? and the rolling chassis like in the first pic series?

Comment

man...they dont hardly weigh anything...i could pick up the rolling chassis with one arm(even though it was WAY akward positioning) and i could pick up the motor and walk with it..i thought they would weigh alot more than they did.

I CANT WAIT til i get her back on the road again...im also hoping to get a new welder for my income tax return and converting my old one to an aluminum welder so i can do some custom tail work..

Comment

You had it painted elsewhere or in that garage where it is sitting? Looks neat. What kind of paint / process was used?

Comment

the frame does look good, tell me that is not a rattle can.
                    01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                    03' VTX 1800 Retro
                    04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

thats what i painted it with right where it sits i coulda have gotta the old Binks model 7 spray gun out, cleaned it, mixed up some blue, threw in some metal flake and sprayed it...but i figured i'd try the 10 dollar version first looks GREAT in person too..

Comment

running great...fixing to Jet it and get alittle more uumph glad to be riding again though..
                        Last edited by zax722; 03-07-2011, 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks good. Big fan of the white on blue. Thats what i have planned for my car.

Comment

Any thoughts?

I just purchased my first bike on Tuesday, a 2003 Katana 600F with a 750 motor in it. I bought it knowing it is a project to get running. Yesterday I looked at it and was able to hook up the baterry to get lights on my guages; however, the headlight did not come on and worst of all I heard no clicking noise in my stator. I am thinking the stator is bad and perhaps the headlight assembly or bulbs are bad. Is there any obvious reason why I would not be getting power to my stator when I clearly am getting power to my guages? All wiring is plugged in EXCEPT for one female end towards the back of the bike (before tail lights but after the battery) that has one black and one red wire... can't figure out what the heck its for.

Oh and the fuel tank is off, there is no petcock, the carbs are not hooked up, the airbox is out. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nana View Post
                              Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

First...

Download the manual, read the forums, do searches for your questions (use the google search feature, it's better). You will probably find alot of the info you seak that way.

Next...

If you can't find the info you need after researching it here, then post a specific question in a new thread. (you kinda popped this on the end of someone elses topic). It makes it much easier for people to find your questions and provide assistance.

Welcome to KR btw...

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks

Thank you,
                                I couldn't figure out how to post my own question lol thats why I just commented on this one.

I will start googling when I take it part to inspect it. I researched for hours last night and there are just so many things it could be from the CDI to the Stator, to the Rectifier, I need to narrow down the area I am looking in before I google anymore. I appreciate your response!

Comment

Working...
                                X