X

after market speedo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market speedo?

does any one know of a cheap speedo that can be mounted anywhere. i have a 90 gsx kat and its fightered the stock speedo wont mount on the handle bars beacuase i got a new light for it. i have the rpm on the side of the bike. and the spedo i think i want to either get a small one that can goes on the other side of the bike. or does any one know of a universal speedo that is relatively cheap.
    will post pics on tuesday my bike is at the shop and i can get there till tuesday
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Get one of the digital bike speedometers from WalMart. They are easily adjusted for tire height and can be velcro'd anywhere or with the supplied clamp. One of the bikes on KR had the stock speedo mounted on the side of the tank too, just another idea.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

WalMart has a speedometer? Now that's nuts!
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by bob393 View Post
        WalMart has a speedometer? Now that's nuts!
        You can get them at any bike shop but WalMart is cheap.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

well i would like to keep the stock speedo but i have to get a longer cable any ideas on where to get one. but as i said before i cant mount it where its supposed to be due to a new headlight. if i mount it on the left side like i planned before i realized the cable would stop the forks from turning all the way to the right
          time to nut up or shut up
          Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
          The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I believe the DR-Z uses the same speedo cable as the kats, but is slightly longer.

Comment

Working...
            X