X

cheap from china?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "K" View Post
    Can you be certain that your OEM rotors are not made in China in the first place?
    Well since they are probably stamped made in Japan.. Yes..
    But beyond that Suzuki would demand a level of testing and QA/QC that eBay does not. I'm not saying a huge mega million $$ company can't trust products from China. They have the legal commandos and engineers to to ensure quality. I'm saying you and I can't trust the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Well since they are probably stamped made in Japan.. Yes..
      Where is that stamped exactly? picture indication would be great.

Comment

Its funny you guys all think our bikes are Japaneese made lol
        You do know that like all other MFGs they source out their parts and labour to the cheaper suppliers for cost saving. you would be shocked to know how much iof this bike is made in korea, china and japan

As a dealer of Japanese and Chinese bikes, I see the best and worst of both worlds.

Some companies back their products up, others dont. that should tell you right there if you can trust the quaility. I presonally have had a lot of experiance with the china made brake set ups and will back them up. Products from China are not what they were 10 years ago
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

They maybe making these brembo partss and what not in china, but they are made to the manufactures specs. These are cheap knock offs, made to god knows what specs. So yeah, Brembo moves there factory over to china to save a few bucks, cool, cuz they have a reputation to keep there product should stay up to par with what it has been in the past. Not these no name cheap things that may fall apart on you the first time you have to do hard breaking or something.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

If the 'best stuff' will come from China, the world will have to take several steps down in quality.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              If the 'best stuff' will come from China, the world will have to take several steps down in quality.
              Ugly, but true
              Too old to dream, too young to reason...
              I am fond of my rough edges.
              sigpic

Comment

Brakes are no place to cut corners. If you want to save a buck then buy the cheap plastics, or a seat. Those won't get you killed if they crack or are defective.
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                X