X

Top Speed????????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed????????????????

my buddy has a katana 600 and i was curious as too what the top speed is for this bike its completely stock and is a 1994 thank you very much for your time

didn't you just post one of these?

Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
    Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.
    Are we riding yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sierraromeobravo View Post

yep damn sorry got confused i am on three sites trying to collect a number of answers so that i can have a solid opinion thanks you very much

Comment

On my 1995 600 kat i could only get it up to 120... if that stock gear set

Comment

Around 130 ish.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I had my 95 up to 115 and it had plenty to go. I was estimating about 130 would be top but I haven't felt the need to go that fast..... yet.

Comment

Ummm....I only have minor add ons and my rev limiter stops me at about 155....

99 Kat with Yoshi exhaust..full....KN filter....no jet kit..no power commander....
              sigpic

Comment

145- MAYBE another five to go with about a half mile uninterrupted. 2003 600 w/ Yosh pipe.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by monolith View Post
                  Ummm....I only have minor add ons and my rev limiter stops me at about 155....

99 Kat with Yoshi exhaust..full....KN filter....no jet kit..no power commander....

obviously no power commander considering it is a carb'd bike
                  sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                  k9 GSX-R 600
                  GO VOLS!

Comment

<--- 16 valve CFI w/power commander....dunno what you're talking about gobig...

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by monolith View Post
                      Ummm....I only have minor add ons and my rev limiter stops me at about 155
                      Maybe 155 on the speedo...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Maybe 155 on the speedo...
                        What does that mean...maybe my speedo is off? Just got the bike not too long ago and have been wondering if this is so.....
                        sigpic

Comment

He means that if the sprockets have been changed, then the speedo could be off.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

FWIW, the pre's run on the front wheel to sense speed, so gearing has nothing to do with it. If you change the tire size, then there will be a discrepancy.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X