• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promblems with the PD

2 weeks ago i was given a ticket for
    "changing the place of the mirror and removing the back seat"
    of my gsx-fighter

do you have same problems with the PD for customizing your bike?
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
    2 weeks ago i was given a ticket for
    "changing the place of the mirror and removing the back seat"
    of my gsx-fighter

do you have same problems with the PD for customizing your bike?
    The US motor culture is heavily influenced by modding. The majority of "choppers" made today... and for that matter, even the name "chopper" is based upon the original "counter culture" motorcyclists who wanted something different.

Most laws on the books are based upon the aspect of general safety in traffic. Most states have basic standards for things like lighting and stopping the bike. Very few and far between are some safety laws about some of the extream mods out there (like no handlebars 4 feet above the tank... ).

In general, here your more likely to get a compliment from a police officer if you did a good job on a mod, than a ticket... AS LONG AS it's safe, and done well.

But that is just my experiance...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      ...your more likely to get a compliment from a police officer if you did a good job on a mod, (and )than (get) a ticket...
      Minor edit to reveal the REAL truth...
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X