X

Front end options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end options

i recently wrecked my katana. some girl in a civic dead stopped infront of me while i was looking in my mirror. anyways i got really bruised but thankfully broke no bones. but my bike got pretty messed up though. the fairings are all cracked, both handlebars bent 90degrees. my brake lever and masters cylinder busted off and my tank has 2 big dents and my left fork is slightly bent so i decieded i want to make it some what of a street fighter. what i was wondering was what other front ends will work on my bike its a 2001 katana 600, will old gixxer forks work?
    yellow is the fastest color

If you intend doing a complete front end swap the simple answer is anything you chose will fit with a little work see what you can find at a decent price & let us know what it is then we can give specifics on the fitting, as a guide pretty much any slingshotor early watercooled suzuki will give you a wheel that matches the rear if thats a consideration
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by GVb13 View Post
      will old gixxer forks work?
      Yes.

1993-1995 GSX-R 750 forks have the same steering head bearing as the Kat. They also have the same ignition screw spacing, meaning you can use the same ignition with slight modification and also keep the steering lock. The triple tree also has the steering stops located in the same place.

This is what I know of from R&D and purchasing parts to do a fork swap in the future with my 2001 Kat.

What I don't know for sure is the 1100 GSX-R of the same generation as above even though it has several similarities with the 750.

There have been a couple people here that have swaped out the Hayabusa forks for the Kat's front-end. You could do a search for that.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
        What I don't know for sure is the 1100 GSX-R of the same generation as above even though it has several similarities with the 750.
        Minor differances on the 11 forks depending on exact year but the same basic things apply
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention, the steering stem for the GSX-R is within, say 2mm of my 2001 Katana. So no need to do a steeing stem swap.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

pic? and updates?

Comment

Check out ThazKat's bike too, he's got a 'Busa front end on his.
              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
              X