GSX-FIGHTER build progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemomche View Post
      thanks
      i am waiting a triumph front seat, but i can`t fint a cbr rear for a reasanoble price
      and i now wait for a pair of Hayabusa forks to arrive

now have to find triple trees, fit my brakes and wheel in and so many other issues, but i will have busa forks at the end
      I know a guy locak that is selling the busa front, forks (don't know about triple), I think he has the rim and everything as well, and the fender. He also has a busa rear shock. I suppose shipping and currency exchange rate would be killer though.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
        I know a guy locak that is selling the busa front, forks (don't know about triple), I think he has the rim and everything as well, and the fender. He also has a busa rear shock. I suppose shipping and currency exchange rate would be killer though.
        thanks,mate
        but i just bought triple trees for 10 pounds + 7.5 postage
        i am going to use my original wheel, disks and calipers as soon as i do not have money for busa`s

but there is one weird thing- a am staring to thing for fairings and making it a track bike
        Live to ride,
        Ride KATANA!

Comment

• I think the direction you are going is a fantastic idea. Why not build a fighter track bike. Something with fairings and Knuckle appeal.

Something like this...
          Idea 3-1.jpg

Idea 3-2.jpg
          My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
          Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

• I haven't been on here in a while to see your bike, but it's coming along very nicely. I like that new tail

Comment

• very cool... but I think you need a nick name for the bike.

freddy krueger comes to mind.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

• WOW a bit over the top for me but defiantly bad!
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

• You know, That front fender just doesn't look right with that tail section. I seen a thread on here where a modder used a fender from... I believe an SV. I think that would look better then the stock one. I think that might have been a post... Hmmm
                  My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                  Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
                    You know, That front fender just doesn't look right with that tail section. I seen a thread on here where a modder used a fender from... I believe an SV. I think that would look better then the stock one. I think that might have been a post... Hmmm
                    as i wrote before-this fender is just temporary
                    when the new front arrives i will change it

new thing- i won a cbr 600 rr 2007 swing arm
                    Live to ride,
                    Ride KATANA!

Comment

• I really like the new tail look! I would like someone to finally do something with the side part of the frame. After some thought, it would be cool to see someone put a series of holes in that part of the frame. of course using tube in the holes to keep the strength tho.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• That bike is sick. I liked it with the half side fairings and duals tho. Clip ons too. Gnarly *** bike. Looks simmilar to a friend of mine's but his isn't so radical... Yet.

Comment

• that thing is evil looking I LOVE IT good job brother!

Comment

• its been long ago from my last visit to the forum

thanks for the good word for my fighter, i really appreciate it

however, the bike is dead now.....put down for parts - front end, carbs, ignition, engine head sold
                            I really liked it, but i needed money and no one wanted to buy it as one piece
                            I feel sad every time i see the remains of it, but live goes on

Got 2 bikes now - KTM 620 Supermoto and Honda VTR1000f
                            The Sumo bike is a real fun, wheelies, jumps, goes everywhere you can think of. While the vtr is a speed train - the torque and high speed stability are insane.

But, i will always miss my kat.
                            Live to ride,
                            Ride KATANA!

Comment

• i see i haven`t posted some vids whit the sound of the Yoshi:bunny2
                              (sorry for the bad quality...mobile phone video)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i81npfvdDXo&list=UUnDYr_pMSdkylf9YJT_blig& index=10&feature=plcp"]MOV02068.3GP - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4k4srmhYKY&list=UUnDYr_pMSdkylf9YJT_blig& index=9&feature=plcp"]MOV02120 - YouTube[/ame]
                              Live to ride,
                              Ride KATANA!

Comment

Working...
                              X