X

My fighter build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fighter build

What's up guys just thought I'd show a little of what I am doing to the old 98 Kat. I bought her a week ago pretty wrecked no plastics and tank smashed in at the top. I started working on it knowing I wanted to make a street fighter and on a budget(one because I have always wanted to build one and 2 I don't see many ppl doing them on the post 98's). First off with the tank I figured instead of fixing it I would finish the smash job to go for stunter. The for tail fairings I wanted something different, I was going to go R1 like I did on my old 96 CBR900(pic enclosed). But I went with the newer tail section because I like the hayabusa tail light(the fairings should be here this weekend, along with my front fender may chop it up not sure yet). I am in the process of taking off a few parts so I can powder coat them(going to use 20% lava black, like the newer sport bike frames). Today I am in the process of shooting the tank I picked metallic charcoal( I was going to go semi or flat black but wanted something different as I have already built a 82 seca 650 rat fighter and was flat black pic enclosed). I will post up more pics when more work is done with it. As for the headlight I am going for a acerbis diamond. And utilizing factory gauges once I find some for sale.

Here is a pic of the 900 I did I love customizing
    Last edited by On1wheel01; 09-13-2008, 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here is a shot of the tank painted clear has not been added yet not bad for spray can huh . And a few shots of what she looked like when I got her

Last edited by On1wheel01; 09-13-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

good job on the tank looks pretty smooth.

Comment

looking good dude! love the color on the tank and cant wait to see what you do with the bike!
        RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Comment

Well I am still waiting on more parts. My engine case. Front fender,gauges, and headlight. After those come in the bike should be done. I just finished up painting the tail, chopping the can in half, painting the exhaust semi black. And making a tag bracket. So far I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.

Comment

Awesome its looking great!! ive gotta say even tho if you bring a passenger they're gunna get exhaust up their *** it dose look freaking sweet! i like the colors youre using. What kinda headlights are you getting??

Comment

Thanx man. I got a acerbis diamond should look pretty cool

Comment

Looking good so far

Comment

Originally posted by On1wheel01 View Post
                  Thanx man. I got a acerbis diamond should look pretty cool

sweet cant wait to see it

Comment

lookin good cant wait to c the finished product!

Comment

I must say this bike has been alot of fun to build back from a wreck. And when all is said and done I'll only have $800 in it not to shabby. I never see many 98+ street fighters why is that?

Comment

I think the pre 98's are come by cheaper making them likely to be in more hands of someone wanting to do a project, if you can get a 98+ cheap then it would be more likely

Comment

Well just got her running today, and mounted the headlight. Just waiting on on the final parts to come in. I am thinking about putting some kind of black graphic on the tail, as the front fender is black as is the head light and I may just leave them that way.

Comment

lookin good dude!

Comment

Still waiting on parts all are in the mail. But she is going on the back burner as I just picked up a 97 yzf600 to make some $$$ on. Just wish I could get these friggin parts in though

Comment

Working...
                              X