X

Possibly going streetfighter status:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly going streetfighter status:

Hi guys, i'm new to the board here. i just bought a 93 750 katana 26km, yoshi slip on. anyways, i was bored this morning, so i pulled my plastics(fairings, front fender) and was disgusted.....practically every bolt/braket was hand tight!! valve cover is leaking, forks bottom out, long story short, it looks as if it was dropped several times or used and abused like a $2 *****, so im thinking of just going balls to the wall, redo everything, and make it into a streetfighter. one of my questions; do they make a big bore kit for this engine, or would it be feasable to just drop in a bigger engine?
    thanks- i'll try to post some pics if i get my camera running.
    '93 Kat 750

Well whether or not it is worth it is your call. They do make big bore kits. 771 and an 800 something I think. However you can also drop in the 1027 (first gen GSX-R1100 engine) or the Bandit 1200.
    Easier job and maybe not any more money..

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

Cool! thanks! what brands can i look for, for the bore kit?
      '93 Kat 750

Comment

I think it's Wesco?

Here is some good reading:

Comment

Welcome To Kr! Good Luck With Everything.

Comment

cool thanks!!! that site gave me alot of info! also, i've been browsing this forum since i bought the bike last friday!!!
            '93 Kat 750

Comment

buying a used bigger engine will most likely work out cheaper than a big bore kit just make sure it's running and quiet, the 1052 is the oldest 1100, personally i'd be looking for one of the 1127 engines out of either the gsxr1100 slingshot or from the 1100 powerscreen (katana to you), the 1157 is the 1200 bandit engine ....

all will fit in your frame with minimal effort but you may have tank clearance issues (big hammer or cutting disc and reweld), try to use the cdi that would normally be used with the relevant engine due to different rev limits and pickups...

for the 1127 and 1157 you'll need to get the correct headers as those engines are taller than the smaller capacity engines, you'll also possibly want to get the relevant oil cooler and lines...

an accident damaged donor would be my recommendation or one that has been broke into major lumps for selling, which will mean a little patience to find one at a price you like...
              i bought a powerscreen 1100 engine, frame, carbs, oil cooler and harness for £255 UK, i just had to wait a while to find the bargain
              it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

cool, i really appreciate it!!!
                '93 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
                X