X

What tail for an old Kat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tail for an old Kat ?

I'd like to start transforming my '92 750 kat into a modern fighter. I'll clean the rear end leaving only the two paralel long bars. What tails from other stock bikes) did you put/seen that goes good in there. Or is it well to get whatever I find and make it go in there? And what about the sit ? I saw somewhere a gueable thick material that "act" like a sit, how confy is that for my balls ? Some links for that material ?

it sounds like you're looking for "race foam" for your seat, to be found on ebay and assorted "aftermarket shops" usually used with one of the aftermarket seat units (race unit or similar without the seat cutout)...

bodywork/tailpiece is another problem, none will "just drop on" and bolt up, there is going to be some fabricating involved (cutting welding and cussing)...

the tailpiece you use is going to be down to your likes/dislikes, some folks use the plastics from other makes/models, others use race bodywork, and then there's the "german style" bodywork ...

all will take a little thinking about, then when you've decided on the appearance you're after and you've bought the parts there'll be more thinking/measuring/cutting/welding..

this is an Aprillia Mille seat unit a friend and myself mounted on his old Slabby, we fabricated the complete subframe our selves out of steel and bolted it to four aluminium lugs we had welded to the frame...

here's a shop full of streetfighter specific bodywork if you're looking for off the shelf stuff ..
    Last edited by NiteMare; 03-15-2008, 06:30 AM.
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Welcome to KR Adeser..
      Nightmare will sort you out!

Look around the forum. There have been a few tail changes. The R6 looks the best IMO, but the Ducati looks nice too. I don't think any are going to be kind to your "boys"..

Comment

you can make anything fit......just how much work you want to put into it?

The ducati monster seat with a carbon fiber rear cowl would look SWEET!!

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
        X