• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a kat but its a suzuki

My new fighter project, 1992 Gsx-r 750

Uh Oh here we go....

Sweet!!

Comment

So what are the plans? Want the extra NT650 swingarm and hub I have sitting in the garage???

Comment

very nice basis for ya fighter

there's an awful lot of those old slingshots been fightered so if you need inspiration, with minimal effort there's lots of ideas to be found on the web

here's one site where there's a few fightered slingshots ...

it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

i already bought my new tail, i have an idea for a headlight just so i have something on there.

Waltari, how much and how much work is it going to take to fit and complete?
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV View Post
            i already bought my new tail, i have an idea for a headlight just so i have something on there.

Waltari, how much and how much work is it going to take to fit and complete?
            Sent you a PM

Comment

Nice
              and better than a kat
              Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

what i did today, not alot but no turning back now lol

Ok so I bought my tail, 05 cbr 600RR supersport. I went to see about making a "floating" subframe and the shop is real busy but said they would fit me in. Ill post pics when I get it done in the next few weeks hopefully
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

i shaved my subframe off completely and fabricated my own out of steel tubing and sheet (mig welder)...

made two aluminium lugs out of 10mm and had them welded to the frame (i can't/don't tig weld) to mount the top rails to, the third mount was attached to the top shock mount and a longer bolt was used thru the lot...

everything was fabbed at home and only the mounts were welded to the frame for me, kept the cost to a minimum and i didn't have to wait around, i used my subby to hold the two ally mounts in place whilst the tame welder did his piece
                  it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

I think it'll be sweet when your done!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

i think im going to run my bars off the center bar under the gas tank and then use the stock top subframe rail as the lower one for the new tail. Ill know for sure once I get the tail in
                      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

wow i haven't been on in a long time! you guys did it, you made a SF forum! any of the originals left?

Comment

Me, black peter
                          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Yay

Im thinkin I might trim the tail like this:

Opinions? I kinda like how it butts up against the frame (or will once Im done trimming some more). Gives me more area to stuff relays/battery/wires
                            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

unfortunately you may not like my opinion ...

i think it's too long and upsets the balance of the appearance(i like short tail units) also your link pipe and can both need shortening (looks like you have a wheelbarrow handle on there) linkpipe looks like it needs to lose more or less a foot and probably six inches off the can, the can also needs lifting to match the angle of the tail unit lower edge, or go hi-level ...

i really like parts of those tail units, the side section where the vent is, but not the lower piece down to the frame and not the centre part of the body, i can see a really nice minimal tail unit in there but it'd mean cutting and re-glassing (something else i'd have to learn)...

just my thoughts (too many smileys to choose from)

edit.. didn't look at the third picture, looks better without the lower edge, still too much rear bodywork for me tho
                              Last edited by NiteMare; 02-17-2008, 07:35 PM.
                              it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Working...
                              X