X

Gauges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges

Anyone care to make a picture thread for making and mounting your own gauges? Or like a how-to for creating street figthers? Just a thought. Black Peter was nice enough to post the headlight how-to already. I feel the older these kat's get the more people will be interested in turing them into street fighters, since finding good fairings for pre-98's is getting harder and more expensive to find.
    2 bikes

'82 GS650G
    '94 Katana 600

a how to SF!!!???

i can see a how to headlight mod or gauges mod and even a tail mod but not a how to SF cause thats too vauge . Its a personizing thing ya know.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

I guess, what I meant is maybe discussing little tips or tricks for certain things. IDK.
      2 bikes

'82 GS650G
      '94 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah I hope to.. Jeez bud give me some time!!

I just got the idea for the forum last week!

Comment

if you're going for the minimalist front end look there's always the Acewell or Veypor/Vapor/Vaypor (sp) all in one digital clocks that you could mount, or for really minimalist there's the good old bicycle speedo
          it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
            if you're going for the minimalist front end look there's always the Acewell or Veypor/Vapor/Vaypor (sp) all in one digital clocks that you could mount, or for really minimalist there's the good old bicycle speedo
            Cateye makes a bicycle cyclecomputer that reads to 186 mph!
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I just posted my gauge history.
              Kwebble made a slick one but his pictures are gone. You can just see it here:

Comment

What is that gauge pannel made out of (not the red and blue one)? It looks sweet. (
                2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                '94 Katana 600

Comment

Anybody have any luck with Autometer guages?

Comment

Well I still haven't figured out how to put a picture is these little boxes, but if you go to the streetfighter photo gallery I posted a two pics of my streetfighter. One of the front end and the other of the simple gauge mount I fabbed up. Its just two metal strips with holes drilled at each end. I bolted one end to the top of the gauge and the other end to the bottum of the triple tree.
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST
                    2000 Katana 750 Streetfighter

Keep it rubber side down and your knees in the breeze.

Comment

This is the gauge panel I made for my 82 Katana. The gauge is a SPA tach with built in digital speedo and 3 stage shift light. This one I made by hand...took a bit more time but once it was powder coated looks great. Easiest way to do something like this is to lay it out in cad and get it punched or lazered and formed at a metal shop. Seriously, to have a metal shop do something like this they might one charge you around $60 if you shop around. Notice the two holes on the lower panel...the whole thing bolts up to the leading edge of the top triple tree. I just drill and tapped two holes in the front of the tree and thats it....easy as can be.

Here it is mounted...

Comment

Thanks, I will probably resuse my gauges to keep the expense low, but I like how clean that looks. That bike is awesome by the way.
                        2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                        '94 Katana 600

Comment

I'm pretty curious as to how you switched it over to digital. What all was involved in getting that done?

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                            I'm pretty curious as to how you switched it over to digital. What all was involved in getting that done?

+1. Looks good.

Comment

Here's two of the gauges from Koso North America. If I were putting together a nice bike, I'd go for one of these... only major flaw is the price tag of nearly $400...

I have used the all-digital Vapor setup ($110-175, much more affordable) It's a relatively simple install; attach sensors, one power, one ground.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X