X

93 750 :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 750 :)

Guess I'll start one of these for myself...

Got this one with only 8k original miles on it after 19 years for $900. Didn't run, dead battery, fairings scratched up, tank dented all to hell, and minor rust here and there. So far, one fairing down, one to go, tank has been repaired until I find a new one I want to buy, and the engine has been torn down to find that it needs new carbs. The first is locked up tight.

Excuse the messy garage/workplace. It's been a busy week, in a new house, and everyone likes to store their bikes at my place.
    Attached Files

97 Katana 600

Nice find never see any with that low of mileage
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

In pic 7 , it looks like your pants are down around your ankles
      1990 GSXF 1100
      2011 KLR 650

Comment

Nice find indeed... keep us posted... and you should charge parking fees ti either...clear up the work area, or pay for the resto...lol
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by KatKrak View Post
          In pic 7 , it looks like your pants are down around your ankles
          I missed that, I was to distracted by the bras on the right.
          http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
            Nice find indeed... keep us posted... and you should charge parking fees ti either...clear up the work area, or pay for the resto...lol
            Not a bad idea lol

Y'all are ridiculous. I didn't realize the bras and stuff were in the pics until after I posted them. Need to pay more attention lmfao.

Gonna have to get the other fairing sanded and painted tomorrow. I've got divorce court to go deal with then I'll be off for the weekend and sanding away

97 Katana 600

Comment

No pictures but some updates...

Got the grab bar and the other fairing primered. Also primered the fairing black to match the rest. green seemed obnoxious. Will post updated pictures of those tomorrow. Got the carbs torn apart to clean up the locked one. It's rotating now. The parts carb body I ordered is coming in tomorrow so I can get the stuff I need off that. Hopefully I can start her for the first time tomorrow. Cross your fingers

Going to try to go pick up some glossy paint on Monday when I get paid. Hopefully I can have this looking decent and running by next weekend so I can go on a ride. If it's running tomorrow I'll be putting new brake fluid in and taking it for a test ride down the street. I've already drained out what was in there to get the triple tree completely off so I'll have to go deal with that.

Pics to come

97 Katana 600

Comment

Oh boy.. seems I have wiring problem. Few wires are doubled back to themselves at connectors, few others are just cut. This should be fun.

97 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                X