X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
    try re-filling the low spots with that alumiweld stuff might give you a new base to sand down and make it even with the rest of it. Kind of like they do with lead when they restore cars
    I was thinking about doing that. Probably still end up painting the frame this winter. Either that, or make it look HALF decent, then slap a sticker over it.

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    Even though it takes a little more talent to weld aluminum right, I would've thought a shop would want to do at least a decent job since their name is on it....
    You would THINK that.

So, today I walked over to see what I should do next(After I fiberglass a few pyramids for my son's diorama), decided to mess with the new undertail and found a few pro's and a few cons.

Pro's: Looks UNREAL clean. My cracked and nasty looking brake light is no longer an issue.

Con's: NO STORAGE!!! I kind of like having my storage under the seat. Also, the undertail covers the bars that the boy and the wife hang onto as passengers. My wife feels more comfortable holding onto the bike instead of me. Honestly, she's that good of a passenger that I'd rather have her hold on to me, so I don't have to peek back to see if she's still there. No license plate mount. I -REALLY- don't want to bend up the plate to put it on the SA. Never did like that look anyway, and not entirely positive on the legality of doing so.

So, I'm not sure what I want to do with the undertail yet. I didn't even think that I'd have to remove my rear storage pan to install it. Confusion sucks. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Pa Kat; 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM.
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Okay, so the paint is NOT going to happen this year. Got low on money and grew tired of waiting for the paint guy. I will have the tank done the right way, but the plastics will be rattle can flat black. Still need to buy a chain and sprockets and a main fairing stay, but I think I'll be calling it done for this year. So, here it is waiting for the tank to be painted, and the main fairing stay.

I'll update when the tank is painted.
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Nice... almost there bud, almost there....lol
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Nice turn around so far. First year I got mine I mostly only did mechanical safety related things. Then worked on making it look good the next year.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
            Nice... almost there bud, almost there....lol
            Yessir! But, it's going to be ALMOST there for the next year(except for the fairing stay, chain and sprockets, a fairing bolt kit, and misc little bolts)!

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            Nice turn around so far. First year I got mine I mostly only did mechanical safety related things. Then worked on making it look good the next year.
            That's where I'm headed with this. Going to be mechanically sound this year. Next year, it MIGHT look HALF as good as yours does!
            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• that bike is looking really nice i hope to one day to have half the skill to work on a bike like that

Comment

• Originally posted by kcorella View Post
                that bike is looking really nice i hope to one day to have half the skill to work on a bike like that
                Thanks bud. It's not that bad at all. The only reason I bought the last two bikes is because, if I get stuck on something, I know there's a LOT of people here that are MORE than willing to help me figure it out. Otherwise, I'd have to keep saving for years to get one that needs nothing.
                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Looks great! When you going to sell it to me?
                  I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                  -Unholy m-
                  Current project: Un-Katchable
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nice progress mate. This will defenately turn heads.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                      Looks great! When you going to sell it to me?
                      LoL, thanks Chris...After I get my 750 or 1K it goes to Cyndi, so...When SHE gets a 750 or 1K...Could be a while my friend.

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                      Nice progress mate. This will defenately turn heads.
                      It already does!!! "What the **** kind of monstrosity is THAT now!?!?!?"
                      sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• im not a fan of flat black in general but it looks good on this bike for some reason. Id just go for flat black if you can spray it nicely
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• You have a gsxr and are complaining about lack of underseat storage? Whats wrong with you?

I should post a pic of how much I can fit under the seat of my ninja...

Hint: it's a power commander, some allen wrenches, and a few zip ties
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                            im not a fan of flat black in general but it looks good on this bike for some reason. Id just go for flat black if you can spray it nicely
                            Much appreciated Mo. I think I may get a couple GSX-R stickers for the main fairings just to pull away from all the black. For this year, that's what it's going to be, flat black.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            You have a gsxr and are complaining about lack of underseat storage? Whats wrong with you?

I should post a pic of how much I can fit under the seat of my ninja...

Hint: it's a power commander, some allen wrenches, and a few zip ties
                            It's not the AMOUNT of storage, just that there's NONE. I need at least something I can put my registration, insurance, and MAYBE one of those little Stockton Tool Co bike tools.

At SOME point I'll be grabbing a PC, this year, any MAJOR purchases are on hold. After the wife gets her bewbs, I'll start on larger purchases again.
                            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Don't the bewbs count as a "larger" purchase?
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                                Don't the bewbs count as a "larger" purchase?
                                Understatement Bill. Those will cost more than all three of the bikes put together. Maybe more than all three bikes and our two four wheelers.

I'll most likely get more enjoyment out of the bewbs though.
                                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Working...
                                X