No announcement yet.
X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's close, but not like it was. Before it WAS hitting the SA. Still going to pull it out some more, but didn't want to go crazy all at once and break stuff. As for the bike station...I've been waiting for that place to be vacant for some time now. Just didn't know EXACTLY what I wanted to do with it. After storing the Pre in there over the winter, then putting the gixxer in...It became clear what that thing was meant for... I'm LOVING it so far. Just need to get my compressor, roll-away and other tools and stuff over there. Sadly, my eleven year old boy spends as much time in there as me, so...Only HALF naked women pics/posters can be hung on the walls. And, since I don't drink anyway, the fridge is stocked with Pepsi and beer...ROOT beer.
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Do yourself a favor and leave the compressor in the garage. Run a power switch and an air line to the man-cave. All the benefits to having the compressor handy without the noise!

Just have to remember to head out to the garage and drain the tank every once in a while.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Do yourself a favor and leave the compressor in the garage. Run a power switch and an air line to the man-cave. All the benefits to having the compressor handy without the noise!

Just have to remember to head out to the garage and drain the tank every once in a while.
        Indeed, but there's a small room right behind that blue and white wall that I was considering putting it in. At the moment, I have no garage. The compressor is about 750' from the man-cave, so that's quite the reach, LoL!!!
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Yeah, that's a bit far for the plumbing.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yup, thinking of just putting it in that smaller room, then run a small pipe through the wall with a female fitting to plug the air into. Either that, or just run a smaller hose through the wall, then mount a hose reel. Not entirely sure yet.
            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Okay, so instead of JB, I decided to all but rebuild the rear fairing. It was QUITE the mess. I KNOW this isn't the EXACT shape and form, but here's what I've done with the tail fairing so far.

Before:

One side done:

A piece of ABS in place BEFORE adding a TON more ABS:

Left side:

Right side:

I put a slight contour in:

Now, just have to add a bit of plastic in a couple tiny low areas, get some higher grit sand paper, and I'll be ready to paint...Well, THAT section anyway...Tomorrow, I believe I'll finish up the headlight fairing.
              sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
              2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Lookin' good mike! Just fyi, you forgot to blur the plate on a couple of those last pics.
                Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

That looks amazing... Ya the JB is only if you have all the pieces and want to patch them back together... See already saved yourself like 50+ bucks on that rear fairing.

Comment

Nice a**.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
                      Lookin' good mike! Just fyi, you forgot to blur the plate on a couple of those last pics.
                      Ya know, I -THOUGHT- about doing that, but then I thought..."Screw it, I'm too tired to go to the other PC, load the pics on there and edit them." I'll most likely get some new pics today and take those ones down though. And thanks Dennis.

Originally posted by numus View Post
                      That looks amazing... Ya the JB is only if you have all the pieces and want to patch them back together... See already saved yourself like 50+ bucks on that rear fairing.
                      Yeah, there was no JB'ing that thing. I looked for that tail fairing on fleaBay, yeah, a LOT closer to $150.00...USED. Like I said, I'm -SURE- that's not EXACTLY how it's supposed to look, but it came a LONG way. Sadly, the money I save doesn't go towards anything else...Well, for the BIKE anyway, LoL!

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                      Nice a**.
                      I know, right!?!?!? Ya know, it's a BARE a** too!!! NAKED A**
                      sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Lookin' good!
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post

Yeah, there was no JB'ing that thing. I looked for that tail fairing on fleaBay, yeah, a LOT closer to $150.00...USED. Like I said, I'm -SURE- that's not EXACTLY how it's supposed to look, but it came a LONG way. Sadly, the money I save doesn't go towards anything else...Well, for the BIKE anyway, LoL!
                          End result.. who care's if it is exactly how it's suppose to look.. Looks pretty damn good from the pics and didn't cost 150 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
                            End result.. who care's if it is exactly how it's suppose to look.. Looks pretty damn good from the pics and didn't cost 150 bucks!
                            Indeed. It's my "custom" look, LoL!!! Got the right side fairing to patch up, then I'll be ready for sanding and painting. Just haven't decided on a color scheme yet. I know the blue and white just won't work all that well with my black wheels. I guess I -COULD- paint them, but really don't want to.
                            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Looking good bro. Wish I was close enough to stop over in the evenings and help.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                                Looking good bro. Wish I was close enough to stop over in the evenings and help.
                                After I get a few more things buttoned up, I'll just come to you so you can help, LoL!!!
                                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Working...
                                X