X

2006 gsx600f....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 gsx600f....

Alright, I picked up a 2011 Hayabusa... and now I have 2006 GSX600F sitting in the garage.

First the back story - it was love at first sight sometime in April 2007. I saw a Hayabuse then and I knew I wanted it. But first, I needed to learn on a bike that was similar in size and weight - yep you gussed it - A shiny, smooth 2006 GSX600F. I remember my salesman telling me that I WANTED a GSXR...umm no I didn't.

Fast forward 8 months and my Kat was stolen from my house but recovered several weeks later. I needed to replace the ignition harness, both left and right pods, gas cap lock, seat lock, and lights.

TY Arsenic for the items and advice

Now fast forward a to July 1 2011 - I pick up the Falcon and my lovely blue is jealous... Yes I do start her and take her for a spin every weekend, but now I have to do something with her!!

Either sell her, cannabilize her (i.e. tear her down and sell her for parts), or lower her and rebuild her...

I will seek your advice fellow Kat Riders

Last edited by badroc13; 07-18-2011, 09:03 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Originally posted by badroc13 View Post
    Alright, I picked up a 2011 Hayabusa... and now I have 2006 GSX600F sitting in the garage.

First the back story - it was love at first sight sometime in April 2007. I saw a Hayabuse then and I knew I wanted it. But first, I needed to learn on a bike that was similar in size and weight - yep you gussed it - A shiny, smooth 2006 GSX600F. I remember my salesman telling me that I WANTED a GSXR...umm no I didn't.

Fast forward 8 months and my Kat was stolen from my house but recovered several weeks later. I needed to replace the ignition harness, both left and right pods, gas cap lock, seat lock, and lights.

TY Arsenic for the items and advice

Now fast forward a to July 1 2011 - I pick up the Falcon and my lovely blue is jealous... Yes I do start her and take her for a spin every weekend, but now I have to do something with her!!

Either sell her, cannabilize her (i.e. tear her down and sell her for parts), or lower her and rebuild her...

I will seek your advice fellow Kat Riders

If you arn't hard up for dough right now, I'd keep her. You're not going to get a lot of money out of it. And, it's always nice to have a beater bike around to ride if you wreck your other ride, or if it's down for maintenance. Bet you could get her going again for $500US, if you do all the work yourself.

Comment

Hell, make her a pet project and deck her out, you aren't losing any riding time while you are working on her and there is always someone who will want to ride with you...
      ...I dream of things that never were, and I ask why not.

Comment

She already runs. Here are my priorities:
        Replace rotors (front and rear)
        Replace brakes and brake line hoses
        Lower bike by 2 or 3 inches
        Rebuild or replace forks
        Powder coat swingarm
        Powder coat the upper triple tree
        Refurbish or replace fairings (replace with fairings on ebay)
        Replace head gasket

I will post pic of the valve cover - there is a story about that...pics to follow

Originally posted by thenastiestnate View Post
        If you arn't hard up for dough right now, I'd keep her. You're not going to get a lot of money out of it. And, it's always nice to have a beater bike around to ride if you wreck your other ride, or if it's down for maintenance. Bet you could get her going again for $500US, if you do all the work yourself.
        Last edited by badroc13; 07-19-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Just sell it, why do you need two katanas?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Don't let the Kat go if you can afford to keep her!!!

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

What makes you think I have 2 Kats?
              Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Just sell it, why do you need two katanas?

Comment

because you signature states that you have two kats....and no busa??????
                1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Where is this signature that you speak of that states I have 2 Kats?
                  Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post
                  because you signature states that you have two kats....and no busa??????

Comment

oops sorry that was someone that quoted your post that had several kats...again sorry... read too fast....
                    1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                    1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                    1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                    2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Working...
                    X