X

1982 sz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 sz

Here's a bike I inherited in November of 2009. Had been parked in a friend's basement since 1994, he took a work transfer out of the region, but was going to be renting out his house while away. He said: " If you can get it out of the basemnent, you can have it." It was a walk-out basement with REALLY steep steps that were also narrow. Read-easy to get down into, but a mother-bear to get out. No configuration of ramping would work on the stairs. Two old guys with repetetive motion injuries from factory work? Hell yeah, time to go to work.

Hefted it out, literally, by locking up the rear wheel and creating a sling from my shoulders to the rear end of the bike while said friend guided it out at the front end.

Today: carbs, fork seals, front and rear master cylinder re-built, new stator from Rick's, fresh Interstate batt., fork seals and oil changed, and fresh Pirellis.

Now the detailing begins of cleaning/polishing the cases, thoroughly clean/degrease the chain and chain guard, wheels, seat, etc..

Runs out at about 4000RPM at 65m.p.h.. Cleaning shall NOT get in the way of riding this great bike. More pics to come.
    Attached Files

Very nice!
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Working...
    X