X

The Taming of the Shrew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good catch...

(Get it, "catch", the Wife thinks I am a dork...)
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

And she's right!
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

What is the recommended needle position for an 1100, stock carbs, stock airbox, stock exhaust (except for POS D&D slip-on) with a Factory Pro jet kit?
        In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

It's not a slip-on. The exhaust is stock 4-2. If it's single sided, it's a full system.

Comment

It's the middle position (#3) to start. If you've got a D&D 4-1 exhaust then try this:
            Pilot jet: 32.5
            Needle clip: #3 position
            Main jet: 117.5 outboard, 115 inboard
            Fuel screws: 2.5 turns out to start
            Float height: 15mm

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

damm! i just read the whole thread. you are much more patient than i. hope the nightmare ends soon. ride safe.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                It's not a slip-on. The exhaust is stock 4-2. If it's single sided, it's a full system.
                Okay...(proceeding cautiously here)...what is the Fiche showing? Is the Muffler L simply an exploded view of the assembly in the tail pipe? It is a different part number than the 4-2 Muffler LH + RH.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                It's the middle position (#3) to start. If you've got a D&D 4-1 exhaust then try this:
                Pilot jet: 32.5
                Needle clip: #3 position
                Main jet: 117.5 outboard, 115 inboard
                Fuel screws: 2.5 turns out to start
                Float height: 15mm
                Will do. What is the wisdom in jetting the inboard less than the outboard? Is the air flow in the airbox truly that different?

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                damm! i just read the whole thread. you are much more patient than i. hope the nightmare ends soon. ride safe.
                Thanks! I am at least hoping to get Katherina going for some autumn riding...that is probably the prettiest time of the year around here.

Comment

Those are the numbers from FactoryPro. I copied them straight off the blue card from my jet kit. I think the inboards are run leaner than the outboards because of engine temps, not airflow.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Wild-Bill, what material hose are you planning on using from sync ports to the manifold? What to use for the short hose sections between each carb? Will PVC vinyl tubing hold up? The sync adapters necessitate tubing 1/4" ID in order to fit properly.

Any other opinions on hose material?

Comment

Umm what manifold? Do you mean for syncing the carbs? I use a Morgan CarbTune which came with black rubber vacuum lines. If you're looking at hoses for building a home-made sync gauge then I'd go with clear PVC at the gauge and connect to black rubber lines going to the carbs.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Manifold in the sense of a grouping of the sync adapters to a single bulkhead in lieu of installing the adapters every single time.

Black rubber hoses from the adapters then...same for the short sections between each carb then.

Comment

As often (not) as you should be having to sync the carbs, I'm not sure why you're bothering with a remote manifold.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Simply to prevent having to put on / take off the adapters. Seems like a good idea to me. If I end up SF the bike, it could look interesting.

Comment

My YZF has little hoses on it that come from the sync ports from the factory for this reason. They are made from.... wait for it..... vacuum line. Ask at any auto parts store, and I'm sure they will have it.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

This thread reminds me of why I do my own mechanic work..... If I took my bike to a service center for any internal overhaul and it didn't come back 100 percent right I would be furious. They rake you over for a grand and you find stripped bolts.I can screw up like that all on my own for a lot cheaper out of pocket. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X