X

Please Help...wit filters 90 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help...wit filters 90 750

Ok those K&N filters seem pricey.....can i use something else if so ,..What?....and what size i see some little cone looking filters on ebay 4 for about $40..there were 2 different sizez what size ...oh and what is that other smaller filter in the middle on that hose.?
    Attached Files

I know you dont have 50 posts yet, but when you do I asked around in the parts wanted section. I know a lot of people around here dont like thier K & N's and have been looking to get rid of them.

That filter in the middle connects to the top of the valve cover and acts as a crankcase breather.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Unless you have a stage 3 installed, I would recomend going back OEM airbox and filter.

If your set on keeping K&N, I have a couple of sets of those filters if you need due to dmg I'd be happy to part with. If yours are not dmged, then they should be fine. Just need to clean and re-oil them.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

no damage

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Unless you have a stage 3 installed, I would recomend going back OEM airbox and filter.

If your set on keeping K&N, I have a couple of sets of those filters if you need due to dmg I'd be happy to part with. If yours are not dmged, then they should be fine. Just need to clean and re-oil them.

Krey

Im new to all of this....so thats not a disposable filter huh?.....got a few insects and looks oily ...now should it look oily? ...im thinking it should be all clean and white like a car's aif filter ..y or n?...please explain " clean and re-oil"

Comment

First clean the filters. I like to soak mine in a bucket of hot water with some oxy clean overnight. Works wonders Then let the filters dry and properly oil them with k&n filter oil. Should be available at auto parts stores. Pretty straight forward. I would suggest not blowing them off with compressed air however, that might damage them. And no, not a disposable filter, meant to be cleaned. I believe you can even by a whole cleaning kit from k&n that has there "special" cleaner in it, but its probably pretty expensive... Good luck..

Comment

Not disposable, they are supposed to be reusable.

See K&N kit as an example here....

There are many sources for it... check locally, may not be that much. Like at the local bike dealership.

Spray with cleaner, rinse... let dry... spray with oil, re-instal. Pretty simple.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X